Post Likes

Daikin communication troubles

I'm a ship engineer and have been installing and maintaining some Mitsubishi mini splits on my boats for years now. I recently replaced some of my rusted out units with some Daikin's and they have been running about three months. Tuesday one unit stopped working and I found it had a U4 communication problem, I checked all the connections , ohmed the signal cable out was ok and it is 16/4 stranded the book says use 14/4 I just reused what the Mitsubishi units had. Anyways I gave up and called the local delar out to fix, the tech checked everything that I did checked the cable and said you have to have a bad board probably the outside is bad. I ordered both boards and installed the outside first and the unit just flashed the blue light and would not start. I then replaced the inside board and same thing no start. I called Daikin technical assistance again and got help this time, he asked me to check voltages and said my signal cable is bad and could not help me futher until I replaced it. At 7pm I could only find some 16/4 stranded and I replaced it,same thing I gave up for the night. Anybody have any ideas, this is the new style 17 series and I have talked to a few tech and nobody has had to work on them yet. I have to be missing something here maybe new boards need programming? There are a bunch of codes on the remote looks like all are from communication error. Almost forgot condensing until is a RXB09Axvju and evaporator is FTXB09AXVJU
    Last edited by Hosspower03; 08-23-2019 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Forgot model numbers

Post Likes
    Funny thing about Minis......When the manufacture wants or dictates something is for a reason. They want 14/4 solid they get it!

I'll assume there's good clean power on board, I've seen generators screw up more then one electronic device.

Post Likes
    The book says 14/4 stranded I'm going to see if I can get something better today. My voltage is rock steady at 208 do to digital voltage regulators on the gensets, but there are hertz fluctuations from 59.2 to about 60.3hz, but the boat is sitting on shorepower now with steady 60hz and 208 and it still won't run. I put the original Mitsubishi units on in 2008 and all have done is clean them no surge protectors or anything they were literally falling apart from rust and running just fine, I was avoiding changing them because they worked great. Maybe these new high seer units are more sensitive but I did install the surge protectors.