Post Likes

My week in review

Beer can cold right...

Wonder where to start looking for the leak.

Found the clog.

This dude think water runs uphill.

This is my gardening experiment and its actually going well. I just wanna share it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    What’s the story with the garden? Cloning, transplants?
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    R-10 ? How thick is that Styrofoam?

Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    Beer can cold right...

Wonder where to start looking for the leak.

Found the clog.

This dude think water runs uphill.

This is my gardening experiment and it’s actually going well. I just wanna share it lol.

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crazzycajun View Post
    Whats the story with the garden? Cloning, transplants?
    Correct. Been trying for 3 months to clone this tomato plant. Killed I dont know how many cuttings. Finally figured out my rookie mistake and got one to grow roots. Since posting that pic the roots have doubled.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    R-10 ? How thick is that Styrofoam?
    What are you referring to? The block of ice on the accumulator or the pierce valvenon the ptac?

Post Likes
    The pink slab next to the rooting jar.

Why are you trying to clone a tomato plant?

What is cloning in this situation?

Why are you doing this rather than just planting a seed?

PHM
    -------

What are you referring to? The block of ice on the accumulator or the pierce valvenon the ptac?

PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    The pink slab next to the rooting jar.

Why are you trying to clone a tomato plant?

What is cloning in this situation?

Why are you doing this rather than just planting a seed?

PHM
    -------
    Its r10. Few years ago starting seeds I put the heat mat on the counter and it loosened the glue and the laminate top started to buckle and come up. So now I use that.

Cloning the plant is simply taking a branch of a good healthy plant and then sticking it in water to get it to grow roots. They say you save about 3-4 weeks over starting from seed by cloning.

Im doing the clone mostly to see if I can.y thought is since the seeds for this variety were pretty pricy, I could grow a clone inside over the winter, and starting in Januaryi could make a bunch of clones to start my garden with.

Post Likes
    What are you putting in the hydroponic water to encourage root promotion / growth?

It’s r10. Few years ago starting seeds I put the heat mat on the counter and it loosened the glue and the laminate top started to buckle and come up. So now I use that.

Cloning the plant is simply taking a branch of a good healthy plant and then sticking it in water to get it to grow roots. They say you save about 3-4 weeks over starting from seed by cloning.

I’m doing the clone mostly to see if I can.y thought is since the seeds for this variety were pretty pricy, I could grow a clone inside over the winter, and starting in Januaryi could make a bunch of clones to start my garden with.

PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    What are you putting in the hydroponic water to encourage root promotion / growth?
    Nothing. Just cut a branch (preferably a sucker), stick it in a cup of water under a light. About two weeks later there will be some small roots.

Now that it has some roots I put it in a super weak fertilizer solution. Next Ill put it in normal strength fertilizer. They say you start to strong it will kill it.

My brother in law planted the seed of all this malarkey so her is am just playing around.

Post Likes
    They sell cloning solutions and powders that make that happen even faster and stronger.

First time I tried it, with tomatoes, had something like 20 or 30 cuttings. Had 100% success rate. Had to toss most out, I was expecting a much lower yield.

Pot growers are big on this stuff. Saves weeks compared to starting from seed.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

11. Likes Fender60 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    You aren't cloning the plant, you are propagating it. Pretty big difference! Tomatoes are usually easy. If you just bury most of the stem of a cutting in moist soil it will readily root out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk