Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

Best hot gas reheat dehumidification unit available?

Greetings Gents,

I build and operate commercial cultivation centers for the Cannabis industry in Colorado. I have never been happy with the functionality of our HVAC systems designed by "professional Engineers' for our purpose. That is why I am here. I would like to ask the guys out in the field a simple question. Who makes the most robust, durable, 20 ton RTU with hot gas reheat functionality on the market? I am designing a 40,000 sq ft facility in Oklahoma city and want to hear from you guys on this subject.

If this has been asked and answered please direct me with a link.

Thanks in advance!

CJ

Post Likes
    What issues have you had?

Engineers design.......Real Techs make them work properly

Post Likes
    It depends on the application, and your application is very specific. you have very specific requirements.

Being a fairly new commercial area, I'm not surprised you are having problems....engineers aren't used to using current equipment for greenhouses.

I wonder if this industry would be better served by natatorium equipment. Pool units are designed for higher humidity and temperature requirements. problem is they aren't cheap....a 7-10 ton unit could be north of 20 grand. when you can get a RTU that size for around 10G.....people choke on spending the additional cash. the up side for you is that your process loss is high enough that the additional spending could be easily justified.

Post Likes
    Much like the server rooms wanting mini splits?

$ $ $

Post Likes
    Modine Atherion with all the bells and whistles.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Much like the server rooms wanting mini splits?

$ $ $
    Preach it brother
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    No matter which manufacturer you decide on make sure the specification is clear how you want it to operate.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitbiker View Post
    Greetings Gents,

I build and operate commercial cultivation centers for the Cannabis industry in Colorado. I have never been happy with the functionality of our HVAC systems designed by "professional Engineers' for our purpose. That is why I am here. I would like to ask the guys out in the field a simple question. Who makes the most robust, durable, 20 ton RTU with hot gas reheat functionality on the market? I am designing a 40,000 sq ft facility in Oklahoma city and want to hear from you guys on this subject.

If this has been asked and answered please direct me with a link.

Thanks in advance!

CJ
    What are the space temps and humidity targets, and what sort of air change over requirement is there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Pool room units are good for these applications. In fact some of the manufacturers have begun marketing to such businesses.
    High end units like the Modine Atherion would work as well.
    What conditions are needed?
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    A desert aire dehumidification unit would work great.

What are the design requirements?

Post Likes
    Here is a range of commercial dehumidifiers designed for your application.

https://www.questclimate.com/best-gr...-dehumidifier/

These are made in the USA high efficiency dehumidifirs.
    Keep us posted.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    In your position I think that you should be one of the more knowledgeable people around concerning "pot". There are many articles by many groups/people like High Times mag,Engineered Systems mag, RSES,The News,Air2 O Blog,and Quest Climate(as per Teddy Bear). Some of the more detailed articles are by Quest Climate& Desert Aire(the most info that I have)and for the moment,thats it. Good Luck and Good Reading.

Most I have read,some I have not. The ones that I have read are,
    ALL a Good Read!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    A desert aire dehumidification unit would work great.

What are the design requirements?

Typical rooms have 100 lights@3600BTU/light=360k BTU heat (plus ambient load but rooms are insulated). 900 gallons / watering cycle. need 40% humidity and 70' temp. Lights run 12 hrs then dark cycle spikes humidity due to low AC demand. I spec 60 tons per room but have not used units with hot gas reheat before. We have always had to add an array of ancillary dehumidifiers by Quest but they perform extremely poorly. I intend to use 20 ton Trane, Diakin, York, Lennox, Carrier, Aaon, etc Pack units with HGR on all new facilities. Who makes the most durable units? I am prepared to pay for quality but would like your opinions on the issue. Who makes the best units?

I am also interested in process air equipment for CRAC applications. I have used DataAir Gpod units but would never again (even if they provided for free!)

I am here to query professionals in the field directly rather than engineers and sales guys!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast