+ Reply to Thread

Thread: York Thermostat Wiring

Post Likes

Confused York Thermostat Wiring

Hi Everyone,

Do apologise in advance if this is posted in the wrong section.

I’m trying to figure out the wiring on the below thermostat (controlling cooling only, no heating) as I would like to have it changed to a smart thermostat.
    There are 4 cables (black, red, yellow and white) which makes sense for a 1 stage cooling system with a fan.

Now, the wiring doesn’t give me any letters, it looks “proprietary” but my feeling is that it’s been made this way to be dummy-proof for all the technicians in this part of the world (Middle East). I make clear as well that I live in a building of about 24 apartments and we all have our own separated fans and units.

Would anyone know the reference of this thermostat as well as the wiring ? Are my assumptions right in saying it can be swapped for a smart thermostat ?

Thanks for your help,

Name:  F28EFB6A-B044-47AD-90BF-F5EDDA13FEE9.jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  23.6 KBName:  C670FE5F-B17B-4A18-82F9-A450B909C9A4.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  57.3 KB

Post Likes
    Looks like it is communication port and not standard heat/cool commands. Most like a power, ground/common and a transmit/receive. You would have to look at the board it is connected to on the other side to see if there are stat terminals.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in