Post Likes

Dust Collection Questions

Hello everyone! Forgive me for the long post, but I'm new to the air filtration industry and thought it would be interesting to start a conversation about dust collector filters. I have so many questions, so forgive my ignorance. My name is Kaitlyn and I currently work in marketing at an dust collector filter company, and I can say that it's a whole new ballgame!

I have a degree in Media Production and am new to the world of manufacturing, dust collection, and air filtration.

So pardon my questions if I ask too many, just trying to learn. Thanks! 😉

My first question is: what is the difference between dust collector cartridges, bags, and hvac filters? I know they are all in the air filtration equipment family, but how are they different?

~Kaitlyn~

Post Likes
    Not sure.

I would suggest asking the company you work for to provide some applications training for you.

Im sure they could help.

But bags, sound more like they would store large quantities of dirt or dust like the bag in a vacuum cleaner.

Cartridge and HVAC filters are likely similar in media design. Cartridge to me implies designed to fit a specific housing, or is within an integral housing.

Hvac filters come in several varieties, but almost all are built to certain dimensions to be fit into ductwork, often several filters are combined to fit a larger area.

Such as 2) 20 x 20 making a 20 x 40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    there are literally hundreds, maybe thousands of types and styles of filters for the HVAC industry....especially when you get into water filtration, etc.

I would think that filtration for both industries is pretty much the same, after all, the object is to collect particles from a space....or a media, such as water.

does your company specialize in a specific market? or do you manufacture collection systems for any and all applications?

Post Likes
    The company I work for specializes in dust collector pleated elements in the round configuration. We manufacture the replacement dust collector cartridges for a variety of different applications: welding, woodworking, food processing, pharmaceuticals, powder coating, etc.