Post Likes

Mini split outside bottom line sometimes freezes when its really hot outside

I Have a Mr Cool unit and the bottom line outside only freezes up sometimes when its really hot outside. First thing I did was put soap or spray to see if the connectors were leaking, but I seen nothing. Plus the unit inside is still very cold. Sometimes it wont freeze up at all. I don't know what it can be before I call someone to take a look at it. I am hoping its not a leak or its maybe an airflow issue. Any input

Post Likes
    That is a diy unit, it may have outlived its useful life. I wish ya luck on getting parts if a part is needed. Last one I had needed a control board and no parts house or online supplier had anyway to get the control. The manufacturer stated the model never existed.. lol

Needless to say it was replaced with a Mitsubishi, problem solved. The diy unit was 2years old.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Advanced Response View Post
    That is a diy unit, it may have outlived its useful life. I wish ya luck on getting parts if a part is needed. Last one I had needed a control board and no parts house or online supplier had anyway to get the control. The manufacturer stated the model never existed.. lol

Needless to say it was replaced with a Mitsubishi, problem solved. The diy unit was 2years old.
    Hi the unit is 2 months old. It cools great but seen this freeze sometimes when its real hot out. i checked for leak and cant find any. They said if there is a leak they will send me a new one stating sometimes when installing the o rings or something with the connection can be leaking but i sprayed soap and used detergent and cant find or see a leak if there is any.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zone709 View Post
    Hi the unit is 2 months old. It cools great but seen this freeze sometimes when its real hot out. i checked for leak and cant find any. They said if there is a leak they will send me a new one stating sometimes when installing the o rings or something with the connection can be leaking but i sprayed soap and used detergent and cant find or see a leak if there is any.
    “They” being the outfit that sold this to you.
    Just admit that this is a DIY installation and we can close the thread.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zone709 View Post
    If there that cheap.........….Hell just tell them to send a new one!