Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Distance and connection issues with Job Link Probes

I have the new SMAN480V and the wireless probe kit. I have an iPhone X an iPad 2n and an iPad Pro.
    When the tools are connected they are constantly dropping in and out. This is when I’m 2’ away from them. Once I get about 20’ to 30’ away I start losing connection completely. No where near the 350’ range they advertise. I would get better range with my old FP equipment using the JL2.
    Anyone else having this issue with their FP. Is it a Apple device issue?
    What are the chances that it’s every probe and SMAN. Unless it’s an app issue.

Looking for opinions or direction to remedy this issue.

Post Likes
    Depending on what is between my position and the probes I can still get readings in a third floor attic. If it’s in a basement or concrete building it’s hit or miss. Try using the measure quick app. It seems to have better connection than the Fieldpiece app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Maybe we’re all just getting way to far ahead of ourselves. Maybe just go back to a good set of conventional’s, good pipe clamp with meter, and a spotter scope.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap, Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled" ~ Unknown

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble"

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Maybe we’re all just getting way to far ahead of ourselves. Maybe just go back to a good set of conventional’s, good pipe clamp with meter, and a spotter scope.

Or a helper with a walkie talkie

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post

We?? maybe Fieldpiece is over their skis

Post Likes
    Do you happen to have any other bluetooth devices connected, apple watch, ear piece? Batteries in good health? Sometimes if I’m having them drop in and out I’ll turn all other bluetooth devices off.

Post Likes
    That's been a problem from the get-go with the probes. It's much better now, but not completely eliminated. With the new SMAN380, I never have that issue, it connects and gives incredible distance. Also, I get far, far more distance using MeasureQuick than Joblink, but I like JL better and it does get a fair amount of distance.

Post Likes
    That's been a problem from the get-go with the probes. It's much better now, but not completely eliminated. With the new SMAN380, I never have that issue, it connects and gives incredible distance. Also, I get far, far more distance using MeasureQuick than Joblink, but I like JL better and it does get a fair amount of distance.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by channellxbob View Post
    What are the features you like on the JL app?

Post Likes
    I wish in measurequick could always see pressures, saturation temp, superheat and subcooling at top of screen while scrolling through all the different readings.

Post Likes
    so the job links or the testo probs? which of the two has the better range? I just seen a video of them testing the testo prob version 2 and they seem like a long way.

12. Likes Robertjn2000 liked this post
    Post Likes
    It seems since the recent app updates I’m losing connection for longer periods of time, even when I’m close to the probes. Sometimes I have to reset the app. In the past the probes would drop, then reconnect pretty quickly.
    Yes the batteries are good. Apps are all up to date,
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    It seems since the recent app updates I’m losing connection for longer periods of time, even when I’m close to the probes. Sometimes I have to reset the app. In the past the probes would drop, then reconnect pretty quickly.
    Yes the batteries are good. Apps are all up to date,
    I just did some range testing to dropout and reconnect testing and everything is working well. I am not sure what might be causing any issues.
    JLB,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast