+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silly question...

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    An easy way to satisfy everyone (including yourself <g>) is to pump down the unit, as you describe, replace the indoor TXV, and then install a suction line filter drier. You have installed a drier - because the system was open - And you've avoided having to reclaim all the refrigerant. <g>

If you ever have to remove the refrigerant for the outside unit - Then you can replace the liquid line drier. <g>

And yes: you Can leave the suction filter drier installed indefinitely. <g>

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by joemach View Post
    I know that whenever I break into an hvac system to do a repair or replace a component, I need to replace the filter dryer. But what if that filter dryer is in the condenser like many manufacturers do (like Goodman and Lennox) to name a few.

So if I pump down the system to replace an indoor TXV, do I need to recover the gas to replace the filter dryer? Assuming there is no temp split across the dryer. That could be pretty costly to the customer on some of these larger R-22 systems.

Thoughts? Comments?
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    None that I know of have filter driers. Now fine screens are a different story. There are a few in every system.
    And they have no issues Pec?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    And they have no issues Pec?
    "Installed Properly according to manufactures recommendations"

NO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in