+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help!!! Water cooled chiller

Post Likes

Help!!! Water cooled chiller

Please tell me this chiller is working normally or not?
    Why is the Approach temp is 1.2
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190820_151350[1].jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	810865

Post Likes
    44 & 41.9 = 2.1
    So yes it’s 1.2c diff do not calculate

Post Likes
    I think what you need to know is what “Approach” means. It is the difference between leaving water temperature and saturated refrigerant temperature. 6.7C - 5.5C =1.2C. This is a common measurement used to determine efficient heat transfer, the lower the approach the better.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrb View Post
    I think what you need to know is what “Approach” means. It is the difference between leaving water temperature and saturated refrigerant temperature. 6.7C - 5.5C =1.2C. This is a common measurement used to determine efficient heat transfer, the lower the approach the better.
    hi,
    I know approach means. But this is a new chiller, we just running about 100 hours.
    Approach temp of Condensor is 0 C and Approach temp of Evap is 1.2 C now.
    Do you think the refrigerant charge is not enough?

Post Likes
    hi bro, Approach temp on the Evap side is 1.2 C I think is true.
    What is 44 & 41.9?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HYP1278 View Post
    44 & 41.9 = 2.1
    So yes it’s 1.2c diff do not calculate
    hi bro, Approach temp on the Evap side is 1.2 C I think is true.
    What is 44 & 41.9?

Post Likes
    Being a new chiller you should have all design information readily available from the manufacturer. Most chillers today are designed for very low approach temperatures of 0.5 to 1.0 C but there are many factors that can affect approach. Incorrect flow, load conditions, glycol, commissioning, refrigerant charge etc. Assuming you had a factory rep provide a proper startup it should all be detailed in their startup report.

The design info should tell you what design flow, differential pressure and approach is supposed to be at full load conditions and sometimes they give you part load numbers as well. Find that information and that should point you in the right direction.

The 44 and 41.9 numbers on the other post are Fahrenheit equivalents of your readings, most people on this forum do not work in metric.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrb View Post
    Being a new chiller you should have all design information readily available from the manufacturer. Most chillers today are designed for very low approach temperatures of 0.5 to 1.0 C but there are many factors that can affect approach. Incorrect flow, load conditions, glycol, commissioning, refrigerant charge etc. Assuming you had a factory rep provide a proper startup it should all be detailed in their startup report.

The design info should tell you what design flow, differential pressure and approach is supposed to be at full load conditions and sometimes they give you part load numbers as well. Find that information and that should point you in the right direction.

The 44 and 41.9 numbers on the other post are Fahrenheit equivalents of your readings, most people on this forum do not work in metric.
    Thank you so much for your information.

Post Likes
    Leaving chilled water sensor and saturated temp or evap pressure transducer reading a little off can throw the approach off. Did you verify they are reading right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cperk View Post
    Leaving chilled water sensor and saturated temp or evap pressure transducer reading a little off can throw the approach off. Did you verify they are reading right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will check it with my technical service team.
    Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in