Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Daikin multi zone mini split error

I've been working on a Daikin multi zone mini split sysyem with the same problem. First diagnosis was the main pcb board was faulty (according to daikin tech support). Replaced main pcb with a new one and the same problem persists. Three of the 5 led's are lit indicating a faulty pcb board. I checked/rewired the entire system to eliminate that possibility but the same problem persists with a new board. Outdoor unit will not turn on. Also I recovered and charged the system with manufacturer specs and no luck. I'm at my end with this 2yr old system and keep being told it's the pcb board. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Condenser Model# 4MXS36NMVJU
    Fan unit#
    FTXS09LVGU

Post Likes
    Daikin eQuip by Daikin Airconditioning (Singapore) Pte Ltd
    https://apps.apple.com/au/app/daikin-equip/id473487318
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    Is this a vrf?
    did you move the little jumper at the top of pcb board to new board?
    just what was the error code originally?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Yes, it's. VRF

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Moved jumper, no go

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    What has tech support said?

Post Likes
    What level of tech support at Daikin are you dealing with? You might need it escalated higher.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I'm not sure which level support I received. Both reps told me the same thing, pcb board. I called Goodman and told them I want a new pcb board with the inverter this time. The rep had no idea what I was talking about and transfered me to daikin to be placed on hold and eventually hung up on.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brosephyoung View Post
    I'm not sure which level support I received. Both reps told me the same thing, pcb board. I called Goodman and told them I want a new pcb board with the inverter this time. The rep had no idea what I was talking about and transfered me to daikin to be placed on hold and eventually hung up on.
    I have had terrible luck with Daikin tech support, called for a simple application question for an install I'm in the middle of, on a Friday. After waiting on hold for way too long I was told someone would call me back. I got a call back Monday afternoon. Sorry I have no advice just thought I'd share.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by houghty View Post
    I have had terrible luck with Daikin tech support, called for a simple application question for an install I'm in the middle of, on a Friday. After waiting on hold for way too long I was told someone would call me back. I got a call back Monday afternoon. Sorry I have no advice just thought I'd share.
    Are you a tech?

Have you been to any factory training?

What Application question?

Post Likes
    I am a tech, I do mostly Mitsubishi installs but we do Daikin as well (I know Mitsubishi much better). I’m currently doing a Daikin VRV system (my first one) which requires wye’s (refnets) in the refrigerant piping. In the instructions they show a max distance from refnet to indoor unit but no min. I was calling to find the minimum. We had a Daikin class at our office with a Daikin trainer but it wasn’t too in depth, more salesy. I have taken the Mitsubishi two day training twice. I realize I probably like Mitsubishi more because I have more experience with it, but I deal with Daikin a fair amount and feel like Mitsubishi is easier to install and easier to get support with.

Post Likes
    Then rather then going on the Internet and getting questionable answers from unknown sources contact tech support. They’ll accept the Mitsubishi training.

Post Likes
    I have done this and the problem has been resolved. Just sharing my experience with tech support in response to ‘brosephyoung’ who seems to have had a similar experience, wasn’t trying to take over the thread, sorry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast