Post Likes

AOP pipe clamp discussion

https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...2#post25768402

Clamp to clamp is no way to tell if your clamp is affected by ambient. You need to reference a insulated sensor just like they did in the study that had no useful consumer info.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Why not just post that there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Looks like someone moved out of AOP to a different area.
    I'm not allowed to post in AOP. Was starting to sound like a FP commercial tough.

Post Likes
    Why not? Were you booted?

I can post there but almost never do, cause I hate dealing with home owners.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Because you have the * behind your user name and itsiceman does not have it.

Anyway are these probes wireless or wired. If the length of the wire is different the reading will be not be the same, different resistance per foot of wire. If wireless or wired It could be that the accuracy and calibration for the two probes causing it. Lest's say your probe is 2% accurate. At 100 this means the actual reading could be 98 or 102 and it is still considered to be Ok and accurate by the manufacturer. The two probes can be slightly differnt in function and still be within the design accuracy.

Help?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post

I can post there but almost never do, cause I hate dealing with home owners.

I never signed up. I don't think I have any business posting there either.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    Because you have the * behind your user name and itsiceman does not have it.

Anyway are these probes wireless or wired. If the length of the wire is different the reading will be not be the same, different resistance per foot of wire. If wireless or wired It could be that the accuracy and calibration for the two probes causing it. Lest's say your probe is 2% accurate. At 100 this means the actual reading could be 98 or 102 and it is still considered to be Ok and accurate by the manufacturer. The two probes can be slightly differnt in function and still be within the design accuracy.

Help?
    I've extended my thermistor sensor with a 100 foot extension cord before. My cord reads 3 tenths of a ohm for 100 ft.

The difference between 39° and 40° on a Copper 4011 is 732 ohms

If you are better than me at math you could figure extending a thermistor sensor really is nothing to be concerned about.

Also the 4011 probe is ±2°F over the -25° to 100°F ambient temp range. It's a very good reading. I don't think any scissor type clamp is coming close to that except for a Cooper 4005 that uses a similar sensor but is less shielded from ambient air.

Most every clamp out there you can actually see the sensor. Even those FP clamps. If you can see the sensor it's for sure being affected by ambient air.