Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design of electric solar panels going to an Electric HW tank to a heat exchanger or old coil before the air handler with it hooked up to a 12v water pump controlled by a Tstat to a 24v relay with its own battery/ inverter also charged by the solar panels

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a system to this once in a Hospital Laundry. The AC unit cooled a commercial laundry, a huge load that ran year round. The condenser was water cooled to keep up with the load. The cool thing was the condenser would preheat water to the boiler system that fed steam into the building. Cool way to save those BTU's. It was a custom system that could dump the water down the drain if the boiler preheat tank was full.
    If you are going to heat water in a residential tank you may find that you tank is to small, you may need to still have a air cooled condenser outside and when you hot water tank reaches setpoint it diverts the hot gas to the outdoor coil.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MKnight88 View Post
    I saw a system to this once in a Hospital Laundry. The AC unit cooled a commercial laundry, a huge load that ran year round. The condenser was water cooled to keep up with the load. The cool thing was the condenser would preheat water to the boiler system that fed steam into the building. Cool way to save those BTU's. It was a custom system that could dump the water down the drain if the boiler preheat tank was full.
    If you are going to heat water in a residential tank you may find that you tank is to small, you may need to still have a air cooled condenser outside and when you hot water tank reaches setpoint it diverts the hot gas to the outdoor coil.
    Sounds like an interesting system. I love custom systems they are so interesting.

Sent from my "smart" phone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many heat recovery systems have water addons that can do just this thing. Doing this with systems that aren't built for it would need the water tank load correctly and then someway to vary the amount of load and refrigerant the system dealt with.

In regards to watercooled systems, there are a few small makes who do it, then the big boys have some VRF/V's that can cope with all sorts of loads.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A number of companies make brazed plate heat exchangers that can be used for heat recovery, condensers or desuperheaters. Any used for domestic water must be vented double wall per code.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12