Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Taylor C707 Ice Cream Machine tripping out

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone can help.
    I'm Peter and I run a Hog Roast business on the Costa Blanca in Spain.
    Recently I decided I would like to add a soft serve ice cream machine to my equipment to be able to offer a deluxe ice cream sundae bar for wedding etc.
    I tried very hard to do my background, and eventually I bought from the UK a 220V single phase Taylor C707 ice cream machine.
    It was manufactured in 2017 according to the serial number and is in an as new condition. The guy only actually used it for three months from new and then closed his business.
    I have replaced the strips on the beater, changed the o rings, and used the proper grease to lubricate according to the Taylor manual.
    The machine goes into and no problem on the wash cycle.
    However, once I add the ice cream mixture. and push the AUTO button, the machine cuts out, resets itself after about ten seconds and continuously beeps until i push AUTO again, when it cuts out.
    Now, I have on a couple of occasions persevered, and managed to coerce it into staying on. It freezes the ice cream mix ok, but then, as soon as I try and dispense the ice cream, it cut out again. I have on two occasions managed to get it to stay on long enough to fill a cone and the ice cream seemed more soft than hard. There is a place under the front panel to turn down viscosity, I turned this down to its minimum.
    Today, I put it through another wash cycle, just trying to keep it clean, and once I was finished, instead of emptying it, I pushed the AUTO button and exactly the same problem, cuts out straight away.
    Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this.
    I also tried to run it from a 6.5Kw Honda generator which I realistically want to run the machine from with the same results.
    I'm a bit at the end of my tether as to what to try next.
    Hoping someone has an idea.
    hank you for reading this.
    Warmest regards
    Peter

Post Likes
    Did you try it on conventional power ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Did you try it on conventional power ?
    Yes, I have tried it on conventional all the time, only once with generator.

Post Likes
    Has the machine ever ran normally ?

Or has this never worked since you bought it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Has the machine ever ran normally ?

Or has this never worked since you bought it
    I have only JUST bought it, literally two weeks ago.

Post Likes
    Now you're beginning to understand why he sold it ....

One thing Ive learned is people LIE

Especially when they are trying to sell something

Ok now you are in a little bit of a pickle because Im pretty sure Taylor doesn't offer tech support , so you are now married to their service department

Post Likes
    Whats the serial number? M??????? or K???????.

The fact that it cuts out when its put into freeze mode sounds like a bad compressor, or a faulty mix pump motor. Because it runs ok in wash it means the beater motor is running OK. If the machine is M??????? it will more than likely have a Manual Test mode in the service menu where we can test each component one at a time to find out what the cause is ie. Compressor / Pump Motor.

Both the compressor and the mix pump will start each time its put into freeze, or when you pull on the draw valve handle to dispense product. The mix pump will run for 10 seconds each time the machine is put into freeze or dispensed and the compressor will run until it freezes the replaced mix in the barrel.

Post Likes
    Hi guys,
    Just an update.
    Had Taylor engineers out, two young lads with next to no idea, they spent most of the time on the phone, presumably to someone who may have known what they were doing.
    To cut a long story short they say it needs a new compressor, it's a 2017 machine. The Taylor website states that compressors come with a five year warranty.
    However, Taylor, are saying there is no warranty as the machine has been sold and is now second hand and want 1,700 euros to repair.
    Anyone else ever hear anything like this?
    Regards
    Peter

Post Likes
    Call Taylor directly and explain. That's complete nonsense regarding the warranty. They will make significantly less money claiming warranty from Taylor than they would from you paying.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by alambi View Post
    Call Taylor directly and explain. That's complete nonsense regarding the warranty. They will make significantly less money claiming warranty from Taylor than they would from you paying.
    Thank you. I am indeed trying to do that. However, at the moment, everyone ignoring me.
    Regards

Post Likes
    I've had in warranty compressors sent to home owners with no problems.
    They are jerking you around.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    I've had in warranty compressors sent to home owners with no problems.
    They are jerking you around.
    Thank you, I will keep trying to get a response.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteread View Post
    Hi guys,
    Just an update.
    Had Taylor engineers out, two young lads with next to no idea, they spent most of the time on the phone, presumably to someone who may have known what they were doing.
    To cut a long story short they say it needs a new compressor, it's a 2017 machine. The Taylor website states that compressors come with a five year warranty.
    However, Taylor, are saying there is no warranty as the machine has been sold and is now second hand and want 1,700 euros to repair.
    Anyone else ever hear anything like this?
    Regards
    Peter
    Why are you pissed at Taylor? If that's there policy and its in writing then That's there policy! Get pissed at the clown you bought it from!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast