Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Capillary Tube,simple,easy

My beginnings w/ Cap Tube systems. Good Ole' RSES to the rescue!

RSES SAM# 620-43, "Servicing Cap-Tube Systems" by Philip Gervais, 17 pgs.
    RSES SAM# 620-42, "THE CAPILLARY TUBE AND ITS APPLICATION TO SMALL REFRIGERATION SYSTEMS,by Lloyd A Staebler,14 pgs.
    RSES SAM# 620-98, "CAPILLARY TUBES-THEORY AND PRACTICE" by Henry Ehrens, 13 pgs.

Then Mr.Ehrens has a 2nd article that he wrote while being the President of SUPCO.
    It is "Theory and Field Problems of the Capillary Tube",,12 pgs.

ALL a Good Read!

Post Likes
    No readers? No lurkers? No smarter Techs cause they read the info?

Post Likes

4. Likes thatguy liked this post
    Post Likes
    CAPILLARY TUBES-THEORY AND PRACTICE" by Henry Ehrens is a very instructive read and I handed out copies to all my refrig students. Most of which were probably ignored..

Explains how a "fixed orifice" in the form of a long tube has (some) capacity control unlike a flowrater.

Post Likes
    I have that and just now downloaded it again, thanks to pecmsg. I have many great downloads thanks to you, sir!
    And hey Techman! I have a list of books that you posted a yr or two ago but its lost on my phone flash card like everything else. I remember one of them goes back to the 19th century. I recently bought the Carl Geist book for $5 and am glad I did. Now, Wirz' Commercial Refrig is peerless but I pure-dee hated that "Modern" textbook I was required to buy used for $75 in 1997.
    I wouldnt mind having that list again, Techman when you have the time please, sir. You can can send me a pm if you want to.
    Thanks, Jimmy
    Last edited by Jim1959; 08-21-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1959 View Post
    I have that and just now downloaded it again, thanks to pecmsg. I have many great downloads thanks to you, sir!
    And hey Techman! I have a list of books that you posted a yr or two ago but its lost on my phone flash card like everything else. I remember one of them goes back to the 19th century. I recently bought the Carl Geist book for $5 and am glad I did. Now, Wirz' Commercial Refrig is peerless but I pure-dee hated that "Modern" textbook I was required to buy used for $75 in 1997.
    I wouldnt mind having that list again, Techman when you have the time please, sir. You can can send me a pm if you want to.
    Thanks, Jimmy

If you get it may i also have a copy?

Post Likes
    I am going to claim "asleep at the wheel" here,lol,Gents.
    Jim1959, can you let me know what the subject was,concerning that list of books? I have lots & lots of books on lots & lots of HVACR subjects and sub-subjects. I will be happy to help.

Post Likes
    I knew from reading your posts Techman, you were too busy workin'!
    It was a list of old books bec I had talked about that in a post but they weren't on any one subject. Don't worry about it for now, anyways.
    Thanks, brother!
    I miss when you could still take time to charge by the frost line.

Post Likes
    I knew from reading your posts Techman, you were too busy workin'!
    It was a list of old books bec I had talked about that in a post but they weren't on any one subject. Don't worry about it for now, anyways.
    Thanks, brother!
    Hi Jim, I'll post some old book titles later as I'm out the door to go to work at 0600.

Post Likes
    Thanks, Jimmy
    Don’t send it in a PM, the rest of us are curious too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Sounds good. Funny thing is how many of my peers arent even and wouldnt be interested in reading even though theyre in the field. I have an obsession for refrigeration related things whether its looking at old ice boxes or reading old literature. No matter how far we advance the basics are always still the same. Fascinating!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    No readers? No lurkers? No smarter Techs cause they read the info?
    Some of us just instinctively know that all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    I love this stuff, it’s like finding gold when you come across it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast