Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    I believe, but am not 100% sure that mini-split EEV’s are in the outdoor unit. Though I think they still measure superheat st the coil.

If you do this with a TXV, unless you have perfect insulation the vapor would gain heat while returning, giving a falsely high superheat reading. TXV will then close farther than it should. Evan temp snd efficiency go down. You would have some loss in the liquid line from heat gain to the flashed refrigerant.

With perfect insulation, probably little difference.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R600a View Post
    The 0* superheat i referred to was a piston metered ac. It was quite a curiosity to me. It was only at 105* outdoor with a fairly low indoor wet bulb.

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk
    Charging by superheat is a different game altogether and the correct superheat requirements can float between a vast range depending on the load on the indoor coil and the temperature outside. For example, one day the superheat requirements for a unit might be 5 degrees while another day on the same unit it might be 30 degrees. It depends entirely on the systems current operating conditions and can’t really be compared to a TXV system in the same way for this discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    I understand that.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Charging by superheat is a different game altogether and the correct superheat requirements can float between a vast range depending on the load on the indoor coil and the temperature outside. For example, one day the superheat requirements for a unit might be 5 degrees while another day on the same unit it might be 30 degrees. It depends entirely on the systems current operating conditions and can’t really be compared to a TXV system in the same way for this discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234