+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manitowoc Indigo Intermittent Evaporator Ice Plate Freeze

Post Likes

Manitowoc Indigo Intermittent Evaporator Ice Plate Freeze

I have an intermittent issue with an Indigo I1000N remote an intermittent issue where the Ice Plate freezes over, Customer called explained what was happening so My first thought was to replace the ITP brought one with me replace and set to Factory 9/32 gap. system had many codes E19, E20,E02, E23, E24, C31, E11, E07,E38 one being the ITP cleared codes reset board to Factory Spec watched machine complete 4 cycles aprox 12 min each. no codes looked good.
    Next day customer called same issue. Codes Found E23, E11, E07. Called support they focused on the T3 and T4 temp Sensors , I replaced both sensors reset and cleared board again , Checked System running pressure for 2 hrs seemed to be text book from PreChill thru Harvest- for 80 deg day. system completed 14 cycles just under 12 mins each. Did not make it 24 hrs. customer called frozen solid again Codes this time E02, E11, E19,E20, E31, E38.. Ready to replace board.??? or maybe give support another call. Anyone work on these units frequently with any thoughts. I am out of ideas..

Post Likes
    Bin switch...?
    Go under data log and look for a super short minimum harvest.

Post Likes
    No Bin Switch on system.
    I will take a look at data log for this , but as I was monitoring once IPT was satisfied harvest completed at just under 60 sec every time.

Post Likes
    Curtian switch damper switch bin switch what ever magnetic switch you got there that knows when the ice dropped or not. If it thinks it dropped but didn't you go into the next freeze cycle and get a freeze up.

Post Likes
    It would only be the curtain switch. Something else I noticed when on site system running and plate completely frozen over is that the IPT completely covered in ice was not satisfied , is this locked out for a period of time.? Makes sense what you are telling me...

Post Likes
    Bad board...or thats what I was taught by the best at Manitowoc....but that was on the older machines. Don't have a ton of training or experience on Indigo models

Tim Parsons

Post Likes
    Call tech support and ask for Barry Hett or Tom Lee.....thats who I talked to when I worked on and represented Manitowoc....I don't know if they are still there....

Tim Parsons

Post Likes
    I was going down that road on the control board, but I will try itsiceman's theory and replace the $40.00 curtain switch.. itsiceman lead me to there was a way to see the history showing the time of the harvest cycle does anyone know how to recall this info. does it need to be downloaded to a USB to see detail history? or am i misunderstanding his response..

Post Likes
    Pick the date it failed and it gives a summary of that day. All from the display.

Post Likes
    Water probe and wire harness can ice you up too

Post Likes
    Well....a weak bin switch won't cause it to not harvest but can make double slabs. But sure....why not...it's cheaper for sure

Tim Parsons

Post Likes
    I don't think you need to download it. I think he is correct. It should be in the history of the controller.

Tim Parsons

Post Likes
    Now that I am thinking about it, a bad board will be an extended freeze time....a bad bin switch would go off on an extended harvest time code.

Tim Parsons

Post Likes
    Or the ice probe you put in sucks too. It has happened.
    If you can update the firmware with a usb you probably won't hear from it again.

Post Likes
    Wouldn't keep part changing. Could be hot gas valves or low on charge. Probably half a dozen other things too.

Post Likes
    Tommy Lee is still with Manitowoc.

We had similar on a warranty machine, it was the harness to the microphone.
    If your HZ readings look wonky, you'll want to change the harness any time you change the microphone.

Post Likes
    There is no wire harness on the ice probe. Also the machine display only shows two frequencies but the board reads a handful of other frequencies that could initiate harvest as well.

Post Likes
    Here is the Data History:

I left the site at 5:00 PM on 8/16 all looked good: Readings from History 8/16 -
    Min Freeze 9:34PM Len = 6:02
    Max Freeze 3:24PM Len = 10:29
    Min Harvest 6:15PM Len = 0:57
    Max Harvest 10:53PM Len = 3:28
    Max Delta T3T4 = Delta = 4 T3 = 21 T4 =25
    Runtime 08:47
    Ice Prod = 0302
    POT W3te00060
    Cycle Cn00045
    Cln Cycl00000

Below is the data from the 17th I arrived to the same problem around 5:00PM

Min Freeze 2:26AM Len 6:01
    Max Freeze 2:16AM Len = 60.01 (problem)
    Min Harvest 12:31PM Len = 1:10
    Max Harvest 3:13AM Len = 3:30
    Max Delta T3T4 = Delta = 9 T3 = -8 T4 = -17
    Runtime 12:03
    Ice Prod = 0275
    POT Wate00054
    Cycle Cn00041
    Cln Cycle00000

Post Likes
    I also did a Tap Test on The ITP all passed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    There is no wire harness on the ice probe. Also the machine display only shows two frequencies but the board reads a handful of other frequencies that could initiate harvest as well.
    Sorry misspoke... the harness that was warranteed was for the water probe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in