Post Likes

retiring the old school manifold gauges---going wireless

After fooling around with gauges- and thermometers taped to the high/low- and so on- I decided to go with wireless or at least digital that calculates the super/sub and pressures- and the correct charge (more needed/less needed)---its just a huge time saver. I weigh the refrigerant tank before and after- not during.

what recommendations would you make? I've seen some that interface with an app- and others that are sort of self contained- but It seems none of them are universally loved- or hated- but there are some that seem to have quality issues. I'm perfectly happy with gauges- but as we get more and more refrigerants- I either have to keep changing the gauge- or buy new manifold- and I use the hilmor 4 valve- so those are expensive--just to buy because I need to use a special gas or my gauge doesn't have a particular gas.

recommendations? Advice?

Post Likes
    I'm in the same boat as you as far as digital gauges or wireless in place of the standard manifold set. I have friends that like the SMAN 460 and I have enjoyed using it but I still cant make my mind up yet. Will be glad to see what others have to offer on this.

Post Likes
    If you can find a ak900 get that. Mine have been through hell and back. Never a problem

Post Likes
    X2 on the aks. Currently the last year plus Ive been using the yellow jacket p51-870 I believe. Its got the color touch screen. Gives you everything on one screen but what I really like is how it reads. I feel like Im still looking at my analogs. It has the app, Ive never used it though. They seem to be built well. My biggest worry was the screen which has not been an issue. Battery life is good. Really no complaints here. They arent bad to read in the direct sunlight also.

Heres a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    HI- thanks- what about the ak940? The reviews are mixed. Thanks again.

Post Likes
    Id recommend SMAN 480v with the wireless temp clamps and smartphone app which allows you to save site records. Though they are a tad expensive, its an excellent gauge set.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelb1069 View Post
    I’d recommend SMAN 480v with the wireless temp clamps and smartphone app which allows you to save site records. Though they are a tad expensive, it’s an excellent gauge set.

I have read about the complete wireless set from fieldpiece(JL3KH6), do the SMAN hooked to the wireless temp probes and psychrometer work pretty well. I like that idea a little better than going full wireless as of right now.

Post Likes
    The fieldpiece JL3KH6 is the way to go. I have the imperial manifold set as well but i find that it is way to bulky

Post Likes
    Toying between the sm480v and the yellow jacket p51-870. Can anyone show a pick of each next to a set of analog gauges. Leaning towards the yellow jacket because of the size and the manifold itself looks better built however the 480v also has a lot of great features yet I feel the 480v is going to be bulky.

Post Likes
    If you want slim and sleak, take a look at Testo.

I have 2 sets of model 550s. Ive had no issues.

Ive also given 3 sets to apprentices, and 2 other co-workers have bought them also.

No issues.

The 4 valve models and those with built in micron gauges seem to have more issues.

Post Likes
    I have watched a few videos on the testos but havent got my hands on any. I would like to try them out and also the fieldpiece wireless kit.