+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vykon IO-485 cards compatible with Jace 8000 or Cipher50?

Post Likes

Vykon IO-485 cards compatible with Jace 8000 or Cipher50?

I've got a few Jaces to upgrade. They've got one Vykon Jace-6 per air handler with some Vykon IO-16-485 cards. What I'd like to know is, can I slave these things to any master, either a Jace or even better a Cipher50, like I can with some other IO cards on a panelbus?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemikemike View Post
    I've got a few Jaces to upgrade. They've got one Vykon Jace-6 per air handler with some Vykon IO-16-485 cards. What I'd like to know is, can I slave these things to any master, either a Jace or even better a Cipher50, like I can with some other IO cards on a panelbus?
    I have discovered that this is the case, they communicate over the same NRIO protocol as others. If anyone has any direct experience or insight into these builds I'd be happy to hear about it.

Post Likes
    I haven't seen any documentation that says whether they will work or not. They released the new IO-R modules (34 and 16), but there is still a NRIO jar file in N4, so it probably would work...definitely test before selling it

Post Likes
    Yes they will work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemikemike View Post
    With current rev 4.4.94 on ciper 50. Tridium io will Not work. “NRIO network not licenses”.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfish View Post
    With current rev 4.4.94 on ciper 50. Tridium io will Not work. “NRIO network not licenses”.
    We might be referring to different setups, but I can attest that the Ciper 50 worked to honeywell remote I/O cards using a panelbus network. I also have it from Tridium tech support that the Vykon io cards use the same protocol. I have not tested the Vykon myself though, so take it with a grain.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in