Post Likes

Trane BCU humidity setpoint question

Ran into something surprising with your typical BCU running MP580/81 configuration. Standalone only, has 7 TGP entries for various routines.
    There are two humidity setpoints that can be changed with Rover, no problem there. Issue is when a user tries to change these humidity setpoints using the touchscreen, an error appears that says the value must be between 45-65%

It is weird you can change the value with Rover, but not on the screen. I know that if I pick a value above 65, my desired operation will work. But the moment a user changes the setpoint lower, they lose the ability to go above the preset range.

I can't find the source of the 45-65% range in the TGP file. The humidity logic just uses a deadband block with the standard input, setpoint and deadband leads. An Ai, AV and a value of 3 fill those selections.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by controls21 View Post
    Ran into something surprising with your typical BCU running MP580/81 configuration. Standalone only, has 7 TGP entries for various routines.
    There are two humidity setpoints that can be changed with Rover, no problem there. Issue is when a user tries to change these humidity setpoints using the touchscreen, an error appears that says the value must be between 45-65%

It is weird you can change the value with Rover, but not on the screen. I know that if I pick a value above 65, my desired operation will work. But the moment a user changes the setpoint lower, they lose the ability to go above the preset range.

I can't find the source of the 45-65% range in the TGP file. The humidity logic just uses a deadband block with the standard input, setpoint and deadband leads. An Ai, AV and a value of 3 fill those selections.
    The limits are set up in the menu configuration

Post Likes
    Are we talking the menu config in Rover or somewhere in the BCU?

Post Likes
    it is in whichever screen you are talking about. the 580 has a screen so do some of the older bcu's

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Post Likes
    If it’s a Summit AOP it’s going to be under Setup>Inouts/Outputs/AnalogOutputs
    If you’re getting the error trying to change it from the 581 display, it’s going to be under displays/“displayNameHere” scroll to that line and adjust the limits on the right (this is done in Rover).

Post Likes
    Appreciate the help you all. I know it's basic but I don't do the most Trane. Didn't realize I needed to go to Configuration and then the Display tab. Learn something new everyday