Quote Originally Posted by Freezeking2000 View Post
    Continental is the best

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    https://www.continentalrefrigerator....one/index.html

Made is USA..

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Quality and Value Service and Repair

Post Likes
    I agree with the majority. Atosa (China) Advanco (China) turboair (Korea ) ALL JUNK ! I recommend True, Continental, Beverage air, Hoshizaki

Post Likes
    Let me add Leader and US Refrigeration, which is actually made by Atosa out of China ! Absolutely the worst! And trying to pass themselves off as made in the USA!

Post Likes
    You are all 100 percent correct.So much crap out there.I had a US refrigeration unit loose two compressors.It was a freezer.When it came out of defrost it would overload the compressor(high amp draw) .Of course .High suction after coil warms up.There was nothing to keep the compressor amp draw under control.I added a CPR valve to throttle the suction gas ,thus controlling amp draw.Now the compressor would get too hot.Called Advantco.Got NO answers,A bunch of lies.The compressor had an Embraco compressor.I finally got someone to tell me that Embraco got like 30 compressors back from Advanco(under warranty).I never got the freezer to work.Advantco would give no answers.They said ,"they are out there working".I have no idea how.Embraco says.The compressor is ok.I think perhaps the compressor was too small for the amount of freon in the unit.Something was not engineered properly.In 40 years,I never left a freezer that would just not run.I would think that the compressor is Ok ,in a different unit.I am pretty sure ,the compressor was misapplied.I could not get all the proper engineering.I think the compressor was too small, to pull down fast enough out of defrost.I wish I could have actually fixed this unit, however i'm only a serviceman.I can't redesign someone elses junk.The customer bought another freezer.

Post Likes
    It is a crime to say US Refrigeration ,and made in China.Leave it to the Chinese to do something like that.They should call it like it is. "China Junk Rferfrigeration Company"

Post Likes
    Many years ago, we would get stuff made in usa.... Usa Japan. Feds finally made them change it up to just Japan.

Post Likes
    Its funny because i work on beverage air and true the most but they seem to also be the best coolers/freezers out there as far as only having to fix small parts(not compressors) and keep it rolling. They seem to last forever. Whereas with turbo air im always having to condemn when i do a replace or repair comparison with price

Post Likes
    We are being flooded with "junk" commercial refrigeration, and it's already everywhere. Do you walk away every time you come upon it? I dunno about you guys, but I don't make a helluva lot of money NOT fixing things. I decided to get really good at Atosa brands, since I've been seeing them the most. I have been able to work out some of the repetitive problems they seem to have, like door switches and controls. They even have put out a couple of icemakers which, right out of the box, were fatally flawed. I found out why and called their head service guy for our area....now I get a lot of calls from them. No guts, no glory. Honestly, this stuff is meant to be disposable. But as long as I can squeeze a buck out of it, I'm keeping them running.

Post Likes
    My customer just bought a Hoshizaki 3 door Pizza prep.I finally convinced him to get some good equipment.It is a really nice unit.it has electric defrost ,not just air defrost.that way the box can stay right at 32,Top compartments where the condiments are ,stays at 35.It has a nice digital controller.Tey had a Continental before.It got old.It was not bad, but this new Hoshi is nicer.They are so happy with it,They ordered another Hoshizaki salad prep today.The unit is made in Peachtree city ,Ga.

Post Likes
    I don't blame you,Got to make a living.Once you get to the job, mays well try to fix it, and make money.Plus,you don't learn how to fix them, if you walk away!!!The problem sometimes is!!!Can you get the parts.

Post Likes
    Crap. I just got a new account with a bunch of Avantco. The customer has already been a pain in the ass about a couple other things too. Can't wait for these calls to start up.

Post Likes
    If you keep the condensers clean they will be ok for a while

Some last a bit .... some are lemons

Dont let them use extension cords

Post Likes
    I serviced a Traulsen prep table last week that was setup just as a freezer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12