Post Likes

evaporative cooling ducting

I live in NV, my old home had evaporative cooler, i want one on my new home, but HOA won't let me they do not want to see it.
    So i want to install it below fence line, and run duct up side of home . (8 ft) then into the attic . can it be done, my plan are getting a bigger unit then i need, with 3/4 hp motor Vs 1/2 just to push air up and through 2 angle , I am a carpterner /handyman but can but fix most things.
    i would appreciate your help.
    :

Post Likes
    I was always taught that swamp coolers should not be ducted as the motors are generally maxed on static pressure just pulling air thru wet pads. Only enlarge the motor size if the manufacturer offers it with that size motor

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Makeitcold View Post
    I was always taught that swamp coolers should not be ducted as the motors are generally maxed on static pressure just pulling air thru wet pads. Only enlarge the motor size if the manufacturer offers it with that size motor
    I was not just going to put a larger motor a bigger unit it self, which comes with a bigger motor,. I duct my old home with it swamp cooler worked great 15 yr. but we moved.
    my concern is duct with 2 angle

Post Likes
    Coolaire makes a cooler with a nice looking profile and an ECM blower. Might get it past the hoa... Paint it roof's color... Put on back side of roof.

https://www.seeleyinternational.com/...16_revd_final/

This one is apparently ductable. Cannot see the ESP on this spec sheet tho. Probably best to contact the mfg. Keep in mind that the HOA probably won't go for the exposed duct tho...

https://www.essickair.com/residential-rigid-coolers

Post Likes
    Many swamp coolers can be ordered with larger horsepower motors so that you don’t have to order a physically larger cooler. I just meant don’t go crazy and slap a 5hp motor in when the cooler only is available with a 1/2-1hp motors

Post Likes
    hoasays nothing on the roof, but thanks

Post Likes
    thanks

Post Likes
    What about the portable swamp coolers mechanics use that are on casters?