Post Likes

need help troubleshooting ECM motor

Hello everyone!
    I have a question and need help troubleshooting ECM motor on the furnace.
    It was installed by someone else about 5 years ago and still under warranty. Itís an ICP, Tempstar, Kenmore carrier furnace in the closet.
    It has ECM motor and Iíve replaced it as I thought it was the problem. What happens is that in fan, cool or heat, blower turns on and turns off almost immediately, and just does it all the time up and down.
    Iíve checked board and have high and low voltage to the motor continues so I donít think itís the board.
    Please help, anyone who had similar issue or solved it somehow?

Post Likes
    Model number would help?

Ecm constant torque x13 or ecm variable?

Gentec or broad ocean?

Was the replacement motor from the manufacturer or generic?

Almost sound like the new motor may not have been programmed correctly.

Post Likes

The motor is original 13 constant torque

Quote Originally Posted by geunreal View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I have a question and need help troubleshooting ECM motor on the furnace.
    It was installed by someone else about 5 years ago and still under warranty. Itís an ICP, Tempstar, Kenmore carrier furnace in the closet.
    It has ECM motor and Iíve replaced it as I thought it was the problem. What happens is that in fan, cool or heat, blower turns on and turns off almost immediately, and just does it all the time up and down.
    Iíve checked board and have high and low voltage to the motor continues so I donít think itís the board.
    Please help, anyone who had similar issue or solved it somehow?
    The motor is constant torque 13 replaced with OEM motor.
    After talking with tech support, seems like the new motor from the box also has issues.
    You might be right. Iím thinking of replacing ECM with universal four speed and using a Relay 24 to 110 v
    M# G8MXL0701716A1

Post Likes
    You might be correct my friend. Same reply I got from tech support after finally getting a hold of them. Could not believe it, right out of the box.
    Iíve added information you were asking to the thread. Itís constant x13 motor, and oem replacement.