Post Likes

N4 baja formats for bound labels in a px page.

In a nut shell what I am trying to do is attempting to create a bound label that displays the date and time that an override expires on a point within the N4 workbench. I know from my limited experience that %out.value% %in16.value% for instance both work for baja formats. When I try to do the same with the Override Expiration slot on the point, I get nothing but errors. I have tried %OverrideExpiration.value%, %overrideExpiration.value%, %override.value%, %expiration.value% and the only one that gives me any resemblance of what I might be looking for is when it displays the error of "%err:baja:AbsTime:value%" from using %overrideExpiration.value%. I even tried %overrideExpiration.hours% as a guess from another example I saw.

In addition, I also tried linking the override expiration to a string writable, and all that does it format the date/time information in a way that would be an eye sore or hard to read. It reads something like this: "2019-08015T19:39:58.808-05:00" It would seem silly to have to do string concatenations or something like that just to display the information in an easy to read format.

The attached pdf is the only supporting notes I could find explaining baja formatting. Unfortunately, nothing I found shows an example of displaying the information from this slot. I also included a picture of a numeric writable for reference.

BAJA Formats.pdfName:  Capture.PNG
Views: 86
Size:  6.0 KB

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Post Likes
    %overrideExpiration%

There is no "value" on the Override Expiration slot. That's why none of what you tried would work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
    %overrideExpiration%

There is no "value" on the Override Expiration slot. That's why none of what you tried would work.
    Care to elaborate?

Post Likes
    I am posting this to show a solution I received from another website, which was helpful. I hope this helps others that may want to know this information in the future:

"You're right to say that this is not well documented. Looking into help and searching BAbsTIme.java gave me the hints (very enhanced stuff I know!)
    Here is the solution in clear text extracted from java content get-Functions.

Bound label ORD: station:|slot:/…YOUR…SLOT…PATH…/NumericWritable/overrideExpiration

Text settings on that ORD: Expiration ends %hour%:%minute% %day% %month% %year%

Here you find full BFormat strings possible:
    BFormat for BAbsTime:

%year%

%month%

%day%

%weekday%

%hour%

%minute%

%second%

%millis%

%millisecond%

%timeZone%