Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    117
    Post Likes

    Start-up technician

    My question is, if anybody know how much does a start-up technician earn per hour?

    This is for a super market refrigeration system and heavy commercial applications, from just a couple system to the entire building. Also able to do retrofit, mechanical and controls

    Thabks everybody

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    26,297
    Post Likes
    I'll start the bidding at $15 AN HOUR!




    Takete

    That's a local issue, here on the isl of long union scale is $50 + Benefits and that's Minimum. Everyone I know gets much more!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    117
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    I'll start the bidding at $15 AN HOUR!




    Takete

    That's a local issue, here on the isl of long union scale is $50 + Benefits and that's Minimum. Everyone I know gets much more!
    I don't understand that 15 an hour joke but I buying the tickets to there, such a good info, I just know a guy and he is really close about it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Posts
    11,774
    Post Likes
    It’s a very regional/company related topic.
    I’d say most major commercial markets are somewhere around $40-$65/hr plus benefits.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

    Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

    "In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

    Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    3,449
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Takete View Post
    My question is, if anybody know how much does a start-up technician earn per hour?

    This is for a super market refrigeration system and heavy commercial applications, from just a couple system to the entire building. Also able to do retrofit, mechanical and controls

    Thabks everybody
    The pay is based on years of experience and skills set not job titles.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    940
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    I'll start the bidding at $15 AN HOUR!




    Takete

    That's a local issue, here on the isl of long union scale is $50 + Benefits and that's Minimum. Everyone I know gets much more!
    Looks like I have to have a sit down with my boss.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    26,297
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettinvr6sc View Post
    Looks like I have to have a sit down with my boss.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Want me to talk to him for you?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    940
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Want me to talk to him for you?
    Go for it, I wonder what he'd say. I know you guys go way way back.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Medford, N.Y.
    Posts
    6,262
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettinvr6sc View Post
    Looks like I have to have a sit down with my boss.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Tell him you know the GURU, but that not be a good idea,forget what I was thinking

  10. Likes BALloyd liked this post.
  11. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Australia : Queensland
    Posts
    1,845
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Takete View Post
    My question is, if anybody know how much does a start-up technician earn per hour?

    This is for a super market refrigeration system and heavy commercial applications, from just a couple system to the entire building. Also able to do retrofit, mechanical and controls

    Thabks everybody
    Depends on your experience / contracts & what other benefits the employer is offering.

    Large Markets or CStore Markets ?
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Medford, N.Y.
    Posts
    6,262
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    I'll start the bidding at $15 AN HOUR!




    Takete

    That's a local issue, here on the isl of long union scale is $50 + Benefits and that's Minimum. Everyone I know gets much more!
    I'll bid $14.99 per hr.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    26,297
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettinvr6sc View Post
    Go for it, I wonder what he'd say. I know you guys go way way back.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    👍

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    940
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    Tell him you know the GURU, but that not be a good idea,forget what I was thinking
    I'd be looking for a job lol

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  15. Likes BALloyd liked this post.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •