Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    When will you be updating the app?
    Hopefully in the next day or so.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    An update and opinion for you Jim. Had a ac start up yesterday with 71db return air temp and 72rh. The suction pressure was elevated a little over standard design temperature difference so the target was on with your adjustments. But the head pressure was still exactly at standard 20 degrees over ambient. Was a 3 ton running exactly 1200cfm.13 seer txv , 10 subcooling and 6 superheat. I have not seen 1 system yet with higher head pressure from high return humidity.

Now for my opinion on target adjustments. With playing with the app and manually entering return measurements. When the return humidity changes from 64rh to 65rh the target changes 5 degrees suction Saturation but then only changes a little bit as the humidity goes from 65 to 95. I feel like the suction target should start changing somewhere around 65 or 70rh but much less aggressive. Say 1 degree target adjustment every few %rh. And much less aggressive with head pressure target adjustment. I havn't seen a single system yet with head pressure off from standard targets without the adjustment. So it makes it look like the system is not working correctly and I can't show my customers how everything is correct because it looks like it is not.

Post Likes
    My only question is:

Who needs an app to figure TD's ?
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    I don't need the targets. But is very nice to be able to show customers when everything is off target and show after repairs that they are correct. Most of my customers Realy like how i can visually show them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12