Post Likes

Confused Niagara/IQVision application director keeps printing connection status

My application director keeps printing connection status of one of my Trend driver. I have 11 drivers in my station and this problem only occurs with one of them. They are all connected via VPN using OpenVPN protocol. Due this problem i cant really use my application director to see what else is going on. Station also cannot be stopped or restarted anymore. It will freeze in "Stopping" state. Name:  Connection State.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  63.1 KB

Post Likes
    Few things.

1. The current version of the Trend driver is miserable and I would avoid it if at all possible. They should be releasing an improved one in the next Vision release which is due soon. From what I understand it will be multi-threaded and not require running a half dozen copies to handle a bigger site. Of course upgrading things is another hassle if you need to wait for any migration tool another 12 months after its release. Yet another reason to avoid this driver if possible.

2. Could well be a known issue within Niagara that has been long fixed. Given the current Vision is 18+ months behind the current Niagara version, you might be in a holding pattern anyway while they catch up. Next Vision is N4.7 off memory.

I would hit up support and see what they say. I have seen non-Trend stations get in a state like this and refuse to stop without killing them. Personally I would backup things, delete the troublesome copy of that driver and rebuild or add whatever was on that to your other 10 copies. Total madness one would need more than one copy. Unless its IQ2/IQL and older...use BACnet and stock Niagara. Far less hassle in the long run, timely updates, and likely lower initial cost.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Okay, thanks for tips and info. Let's see if deleting driver helps.