Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

York Compressor ZB6S1-D46/50CN Compressor Breakdown

I am having low oil pressure problems with a compressor on a YCAZ74BB3-46PA

I have checked the oil pump, oil level, transducer, wiring, all appears ok, opened up the crankcase and top end, all appeared

ok.

I am hoping to figure why i'm having problems before going to change the compressor.

The compressor is a ZB6S1-D46/50CN

Does anyone have a compressor breakdown PDF for this compressor they can share?

TIA

Dennis
    Just when I thought I knew it all, I realize that I am still learning something new everyday!

Post Likes
    superheat
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Post Likes
    Superheat is a good start.
    What is the net oil pressure?
    Is it intermittent? (transducer on the service valve. Don't completely close the valve)
    This is a recip compressor I believe. More detail will help

Post Likes
    Check your email. I sent over the OM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacpilot View Post
    I am having low oil pressure problems with a compressor on a YCAZ74BB3-46PA

I have checked the oil pump, oil level, transducer, wiring, all appears ok, opened up the crankcase and top end, all appeared

ok.

I am hoping to figure why i'm having problems before going to change the compressor.

The compressor is a ZB6S1-D46/50CN

Does anyone have a compressor breakdown PDF for this compressor they can share?

TIA

Dennis
    How low is low pressure? When you drained the oil did it come out clear or was it full of foam and silver grey "dirt"?

Post Likes
    1) Evaporator superheat is 15
    crankcase temperature between 80 and 90 degrees
    2) oil pressure trips at 30, recommended net is 70, swapped oil pumps to verify operation and still same problem
    3) oil is clear, not foaming
    4) yes its a recip compressor
    Just when I thought I knew it all, I realize that I am still learning something new everyday!

Post Likes
    When you had the oil pump out was the drive tang and slit on end of crankshaft in good shape. There were problems years ago with harden oil pump drive shafts that wore out the crankshaft slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Is this an ACTUAL YORK compressor or did it originate from an after market shop ? I was with YORK / JCI and had problems with some of the compressors coming out of the " YORK rebuild shop " ! When I would contact them with start-up problems , it was " that must have been that rush job we didn't get a chance to do a performance test " or " our test bench was down for maintenance and your shop required a quick ship " ! It was ALWAYS the most difficult rigging jobs also ; never failed . If it is a compressor from ASAP , they are rebuilt with tail light warranties ( SUPER JUNK ) . The only compressors I have witnessed to operate after a rebuild was the ones I did myself ; if the internal part did not meet " MY " spec reading it was rejected or I packed up my side show .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CHILLERSVCMAN View Post
    Is this an ACTUAL YORK compressor or did it originate from an after market shop ? I was with YORK / JCI and had problems with some of the compressors coming out of the " YORK rebuild shop " ! When I would contact them with start-up problems , it was " that must have been that rush job we didn't get a chance to do a performance test " or " our test bench was down for maintenance and your shop required a quick ship " ! It was ALWAYS the most difficult rigging jobs also ; never failed . If it is a compressor from ASAP , they are rebuilt with tail light warranties ( SUPER JUNK ) . The only compressors I have witnessed to operate after a rebuild was the ones I did myself ; if the internal part did not meet " MY " spec reading it was rejected or I packed up my side show .
    So the ONLY compressors that ever worked were the ones that you did yourself? You know, just like there are service "techs" who probably have no business being in the trade, there probably are compressor reman shops that don't do as good a job as other shops. That's the nature of human beings, we aren't perfect. I just find your broad sweeping generalizations about aftermarket compressors to be short sighted and somewhat condescending.

Post Likes
    I have never purchased a compressor from remanworld, but his knowledge and dedication to this trade is unheard of in today’s market.
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    my experience w york recips and oil issues has been liquid floodback
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Post Likes
    JCI dumped what used to be the Chicago rebuild shop (Resolute Industrial). they are still doing York compressors, I bought 3 screw compressors from them last year. they still have some of the old recip parts, but not a lot. there are a few other rebuild shops that still have parts, and cores also.

Start with Resolute industrial, that's likely where yours came from originally.

Post Likes
    Years ago I use to spin the compressors the other way when I was get oil problems on the recips.
    Worked a charm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast