Post Likes

BBC-SD Display Help!!

Having trouble with the display reading data, I was able to get the display setup using a SD card and the points are there but the display is saying “Data Unavailable”. I can discover the display from the supervisor and if I go into the network configuration on the display I can see the field controllers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin

Post Likes
    Do you have issues reading analog values? If this issue is only with binary and multistate values it is more than likely due to the BBC-SD not being able to interpret the value text as it is a non ANSI character set. I had this issue with Delta trying to read JCI controllers years ago. JCI PICS indicate what character set they use as default, see if it matches up with the BBC-SD PICS character set.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    Thanks for the reply. Yea I'm not able to read any values (Analog, Binary, Multi) and that seems to be the error I'm getting. In the BBC-SD Pro setup tool i have the points as Johnson Controls Inc but if i go through the display and do a diagnostic report for the controllers they all come up with "Non-ANSI Character Set In Use" were you able to find a work around?

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    Do you have issues reading analog values? If this issue is only with binary and multistate values it is more than likely due to the BBC-SD not being able to interpret the value text as it is a non ANSI character set. I had this issue with Delta trying to read JCI controllers years ago. JCI PICS indicate what character set they use as default, see if it matches up with the BBC-SD PICS character set.

kontrol out
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin

Post Likes
    I had no issues with Analog, just binary that I remember (can't remember if they had any multi). If you go through a NAE to IP it translates the character set (no help to you and the BBC-SD) if I remember correctly. The option to use a standard character set is available to the JCI programmer when downloading to the FEC (I had a buddy of mine at JCI download to two controller with the exact same program with the two character sets to prove to the facility it could be done), but if you don't have the software you'll probably have to pay JCI to come in and make the change.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    If the device you are polling is set to use the unicode character set you will get a message saying as much. If you need to poll and display any text on that device then you'll want to flip it to the ASCII character set.

That said, the issue you are showing appears to be network related. The display needs to receive a token in order to poll the network but both photos you have attach show only network connectivity and not token activity. On a live BACnet network you would see both the network (N) and token (T) icons lit almost continuously at the top right of the display screen.

Check the max-master settings on the lower numbered devices on the trunk, it would appear your device is only listening to the network and unable to poll it.