Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New job offer

Post Likes
    Kind of a joke they want you to pay for parking. I would have laughed at them. Granted it's less than a $1 a day but that's not the point

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I would move on.
    Your loyal to an employer that offers no reason to be there beyond a weekly paycheck.
    On the day you retire, will the employer be as loyal back and support you with a retirement plan? Or will you be forgotten the second you walk out the door?
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

3. Likes JeffWil liked this post
    Post Likes
    I would still be looking if I were you. Loyalty works both ways. If you have as much experience as you say, their current pay rate is border line insulting.

Sounds more like you should be a business partner, not an employee.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

5. Likes Metalman0880 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    I would still be looking if I were you. Loyalty works both ways. If you have as much experience as you say, their current pay rate is border line insulting.

Sounds more like you should be a business partner, not an employee.

Right? with 20+ years of experience the owner has been racking in the dough while leaving him barely making ends meet.

The comfort zone aka the dead zone.

Post Likes
    The carrot on the stick is the owner will offer to sell the business to him once retirement comes around, as owner(s) are 55ish....only OP knows....

There’s a saying, while your climbing the ladder of success, their children are taking the elevator...

Post Likes
    Sounds more like the OP has been descending the ladder into a bottomless pit while the owner's family are taking the elevator to the penthouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    The carrot on the stick is the owner will offer to sell the business to him once retirement comes around, as owner(s) are 55ish....only OP knows....

There’s a saying, while your climbing the ladder of success, their children are taking the elevator...

Post Likes
    You will be leaving a job that is in the private sector and for discussions sake.....going to a Government job.....although that is not a precise statement. If you are looking for job security......there isn't any...no matter where you go. If you want more money....ask for a raise and state your case. If the owners are getting older.....I am 55...and I am now a service tech once again.......that's not old in my opinion.....just older. Do the owners want to retire? Will they sell to you? You are a part of that compay's organizational culture. It would be a great loss if you left. The money you are making.....seems low for a management positon. My supervisors made over 140K with overtime, paid holidays, paid insurance, sick days, Christmas bonus and sales commissions for new customers. Apparently......that was not enough so they started a company while working for me and took 90% of my customers. Different subject.......but if it was me......I would leave to teach at a college, although I would like to....ask for more money....or find a company that will pay you more money if thats what youre looking for

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    Kind of a joke they want you to pay for parking. I would have laughed at them. Granted it's less than a $1 a day but that's not the point

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Once I interviewed with a local outfit and they wanted me to pay them $35 a week for taking their van home plus $10/wk for uniforms, that was the end of the interview !
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

11. Likes Spitz, BALloyd, JeffWil liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234