+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrier open RTU space temp via BACnet

Post Likes

Carrier open RTU space temp via BACnet

Quick question: I've got a couple of these that will work as long as I've got a equipment touch plugged in which I know can serve as a zone temp but shut down when I unplug it and walk down stairs. Thought I found points to write zone temp, rh, and co2. Didn't see a setting anywhere to configure it to use the bacnet zone temp though.

Post Likes
    Those units can be a real pain. You read their app note on how to write to them?

https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...Board-problems
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Agree with orion. They are pain to use. There should be a network space temp or rat to write to. The app note tells you which input and tte frequency to write it. Every important to follow. Also when you write to the point it will revert back to some other number (999 or somthing like that) when it is accepted but the read only effective temp will still show last value until the next write.

Post Likes
    Thanks! That does look exactly like what I need.

Post Likes
    Max. The rtu open needs a sat and space temp input to operate. When you take off the ET you loose space temp. With the et space temp is by a network input

There is a network space temp input for these boards.

You can bacnet info to the board. But if it doesn’t have the function turned on to use it noting will happen.

Max if you email
    Me again I have something for you that will be of great help.

Post Likes
    sounds like a nightmare
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stanbyyourword View Post
    sounds like a nightmare
    My major problem with ALC OEMs is none of them seem to have any concept of self explanatory naming conventions and then they bundle that with no point definitions on what points do what.

Carrier here is no exception, they know the bacnet integration guide they shipped wasn't complete and then released another guide explaining which points were for what and how they worked. Why is that two manuals? Was it too difficult to uprev the original one?

Post Likes
    Im reading a carel manual now for ground source heat pump parameters same thing so unclear, it`s like they want you to call them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    My major problem with ALC OEMs is none of them seem to have any concept of self explanatory naming conventions and then they bundle that with no point definitions on what points do what.

Carrier here is no exception, they know the bacnet integration guide they shipped wasn't complete and then released another guide explaining which points were for what and how they worked. Why is that two manuals? Was it too difficult to uprev the original one?
    perhaps Kontrolphreak can help you

Post Likes
    Negative, no experience with those units. Only Carrier integration I have done on air handling equipment was back over a decade ago, more recently it had been there air cooled chillers with the OEM gateway which went smoothly.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stanbyyourword View Post
    it`s like they want you to call them
    Trust me they don't. Unless you purchased the equipment from them, chances of getting any real support isn't likely without hours of time wasted getting bounced to different departments.

Its factory equipment. They get their money before the equipment shows up and after that, they really don't give give a crap.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    nice

Post Likes
    I enjoy revisiting job sites a couple of years after completion that have RTU Open installed. I am finally able to place those boards that have failed in the dumpster where they belong.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in