Post Likes

Need Computer Help

I work part time and have four schools to do the TAB on. I can access the schools control program through my computer. The problem is at some schools I can get on there WI-FI but can't in others. The school loaned me a computer for one of the schools and I think I know why I have a problem. If I'm wrong tell me straight out because I'm a computer dummy and comfortable with it. My computer doesn't ask me for a password it just tries to get on line and I think I need a different password for each schools guest WI-FI because they gave them to me.
    My question is if I'm right how do I get my computer to let me enter a password for each school?
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    I tossed the PITA PC's years ago- but I imagine that the procedure for connecting to a particular internet signal is fundamentally the same.

On this 2012 Mac I have to go to System Preferences, then to Network, and there a screen is found where all available internet connections are scanned for and displayed.

When one is chosen there is blank in which to add the password. I would expect that to then be remembered and so an automatic joining from then on.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    I work part time and have four schools to do the TAB on. I can access the schools control program through my computer. The problem is at some schools I can get on there WI-FI but can't in others. The school loaned me a computer for one of the schools and I think I know why I have a problem. If I'm wrong tell me straight out because I'm a computer dummy and comfortable with it. My computer doesn't ask me for a password it just tries to get on line and I think I need a different password for each schools guest WI-FI because they gave them to me.
    My question is if I'm right how do I get my computer to let me enter a password for each school?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post

If you can get into the controls program from the Guest WiFi the school district needs some different IT staff.

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    Thanks a lot Poodle. I'll give it a try.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    My brother took what you suggested Poodle and it didn't work exactly that way but got him on the right track. He thinks we are good to go . We will find out probably tomorrow.
    Thanks a lot.
    Thomas Jefferson