Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghyde6005 View Post
    I do take temps! Just not wet bulb. Show me where it says you need wet bulb to determine if a unit has the right refrigerant charge?
    The only instance this would apply would be if you are using a wet bulb superheat chart

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    Going back to your post about "proper pressure" during PM's,I'll say this again. You said that your press readings were all good/wonderful/NORMAL and you had a 96psi w/410a suction reading. And this was verified on 100's of units. What do you say now??????

I have got to ask, why do you do PM only?
    I thought you needed more readings from me to determine if the charge was right or not? Why is it you can tell I’m wrong without all those missing readings I didn’t give you?!!

Post Likes
    I do take temps! Just not wet bulb. Show me where it says you need wet bulb to determine if a unit has the right refrigerant charge?
    What is that formula for figuring out Target Super Heat ? WB x 3 - 80 - ODAT / 2.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    What is that formula for figuring out Target Super Heat ? WB x 3 - 80 - ODAT / 2.
    Right. I just said besides using it with the superheat chart

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Didn’t tell me anything new. You only need wet bulb to check superheat on a fixed orfice and only if you suspect your txv is not maintaining the correct superheat

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    I thought you needed more readings from me to determine if the charge was right or not? Why is it you can tell I’m wrong without all those missing readings I didn’t give you?!!
    Show me a "proper running" regular Res AC that operates w/ a 29* SST? An oversized unit is not a "proper running" AC unit, yes/no?

Post Likes
    Didn’t tell me anything new. You only need wet bulb to check superheat on a fixed orfice and only if you suspect your txv is not maintaining the correct superheat
    Don't you get tired of changing/altering/ re-configuring you answers?

Post Likes
    Show me a "proper running" regular Res AC that operates w/ a 29* SST? An oversized unit is not a "proper running" AC unit, yes/no?
    Hmm let’s go back to school senior tech terry. Refrigerant sat temp is relative to outdoor dry bulb correct? So the colder it is outside the colder the sat temp of the refrigerant will be! Do you need to go back to class? Same with R22. When it is 70 dry bulb outside a “normal” suction pressure would be 55 psi. Which as you know is freezing! Why is it normal you say? Because I’ve seen NUMEROUS systems with that exact pressure and ran fine no probs and got to over 70 psi suction r22 when it got near 90. I guess all those 100 units must be ducked right? all of them are wrong and NONE have the right pressures

Post Likes
    I showed you that at Brick House Brewery!

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=Ghyde6005;25763755][QUOTE=pecmsg;25763604]

Quote Originally Posted by Olivero View Post
    Though I do agree with people not necessarily wanting things fixed if everything seems to be working well, but as an example, I saw a SG reading moisture content was present so I told the customer what it means, potential damage to the system in the long run, etc. and they said "OK, what do you want to do?" I told them my plan and they said "OK, go ahead" and had the whole walk in fridge emptied while I gathered my tools.

It's totally fine to see a problem, present it to the customer and have them refuse the service, but to just let them believe everything is wonderful even though you are seeing red flags is not okay. This idea that "every customer is the same" is a bad mindset to have, you have no idea what the next guy will say, you don't know them and what they want, perhaps they like to have all their machinery and equipment in perfect function despite what it may seem.

I would say you go out, do a basic analysis, gather the needed information that was posted earlier in this thread and based off that true, real information, conclude if the unit is running properly, if not, ask the customer "I see something here which is not up to par, I do believe your system can keep functioning as it has, but there's room for improvement and I would recommend having me look into it to increase the performance of your system" Something like that.

Just give them the option, so what if they turn it down, at least you did your part and you can feel good about it.[/QUOT

I agree 100%. Def not on systems that are over 20 years old though which make up a big portion of my market. I tell them it’s not worth investing in something that old. I’m I wrong when I do that?
    Look, it's their choice. Offer the service. What's more likely? They'll want a tune up or a brand new system? If you see some catastrophic failure looming overhead in the near future, then tell them that. IF everything seems fine still, but you can make it better, then offer it to them and if they say no, fine.

Age is not a why as to why machines break down, it's an excuse that it's "too old" some Trane units I see are still kicking and they are over 20 years old and we are still fixing them, needs a new condenser coil? Sure. New compressor? No problem.

Still kicking, stuff breaks, you fix it and it keeps going. This mentality of "It's broken, just replace it" is wrong in my opinion, sometimes it's logical due to the cost but if all that's wrong is a TXV or a compressor, I'm sure it's cheaper.

IT's like an auto mechanic selling you a new car because your condenser fan went out.

Post Likes
    TT,

He don’t know what a properly operating unit is. He has preconceived notions that all his customers are either too cheap or it is not worth it to fix the issues so he don’t check for any issues.

If he knew what a properly operating unit was, he would know how off his mis conceptions are.

He only does PMs as he could not fix a unit if he wanted to. His bosses have preconceived notions that he is a lazy hack...

Wow.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast