+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodman or Rheem

Post Likes

Goodman or Rheem

Would you guys choose Goodman or Rheem to sell and install?

Post Likes
    Either is fine IMO. I guess Goodman has an edge because you can get 10 year parts and labor, but I find Rheem is easier to work on (panels come off nicely, coils slide out very easily).

Post Likes
    Rheem, I worked for an Amana dealer last summer. Never again, constantly replacing warranty capacitors and coils.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ksefan View Post
    Rheem, I worked for an Amana dealer last summer. Never again, constantly replacing warranty capacitors and coils.
    That’s kind of how I feel about Rheem. Everyone else seems to have had good luck but I have had a lot of trouble with evaporator and condenser coil issues. Thanks for sharing your experience.

5. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Off topic, but are there certain distances or criteria to become a rheem dealer?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter34 View Post
    Off topic, but are there certain distances or criteria to become a rheem dealer?
    Yes you are correct. There can only be a certain amount of dealers within a locality. That’s what I was told by my local supply house anyway.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Or sell RUUD , same product , again may have to find if yoir area is free .

Post Likes
    or Weatherking..... another line of Rheem's.

Post Likes
    actually we use both Rheem has been our main brand for over 20 + years but started out installing janatrol but Goodman has always been our # 2 brand bc its A cheaper 2nd choice

Post Likes
    Recently learned goodman offer 10 warranty on compressors, and offers lifetime comp warranties on higher efficiency models. Again lifetime.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty 25 View Post
    Recently learned goodman offer 10 warranty on compressors, and offers lifetime comp warranties on higher efficiency models. Again lifetime.
    Where you been?......Goodman was the 1st company to offer the 10/10 compressor and parts warranty in 2008 I believe, and if you installed Goodman units in 2007 and registered with the 5 year compressor warranty, they grandfathered in those year models and bumped up to 10 years, as I remember having installed some in 2007 that got grandfathered in.

Matter of fact my 2004 R22 Goodman 12 SEER Heat Pump came with a 10 year compressor and parts warranty.

Believe they where the 1st to offer the 99 year compressor warranty many many years ago and lifetime limited compressor warranty years ago...system has to be registered to original owner thou if you did not reside in California or Quebec. 1st to come up with the 5/5 compressor and parts warranty also.

The CPLJ R22

https://www.alpinehomeair.com/relate...ec%20Sheet.pdf
    Last edited by Bazooka Joe; 08-14-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Post Likes
    Bazooka, it was poor wording, new of the 10yr, didnt know higher seer models are life
    time. I dont install that often, more comercial service not around that equipment that often.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by meajom101 View Post
    actually we use both Rheem has been our main brand for over 20 + years but started out installing janatrol but Goodman has always been our # 2 brand bc its A cheaper 2nd choice
    "Janitrol" brings back some old memories, at least here in Ohio.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Frosty 25.....Starting at the Communicating 16 SEER A/C GSXC16 and Heat Pump GSZC16 they also come with a 10 year whole new OD unit replacement warranty if compressor ever fails, once registered then reverts to the limited lifetime compressor warranty. California or Quebec not needing registration to receive full manufacturers warranty.

Amana ( Under the Daiken umbrella as is Goodman ) has even better warranties, whole new OD unit starting on non communicating ASX16 and ASZ16 Heat Pumps and higher SEER units for life, once registered to original owner only. California or Quebec not needing registration to receive those manufacturers warranty.
    Last edited by Bazooka Joe; 08-15-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Post Likes
    This longer warranty equipment is also driving up equipment prices, and our labor rates. No $$ made on parts for the mfg. distributor, or us for that matter. This is the perfect example of the something gained to something lost rule. Or the "You buy the air conditioner, we'll give you the furnace" story. Botom line is 2 things. (1) Nothing is free. (2) In the end, no matter what business or service the client has to pay for all the cost.

As far as Rheem or Goodman goes, IMO, What kind of relationship and service the distributor can provide. Both brands, again IMO do not have the name recognition as say Lennox, Carrier, Trane. What Kind of dealer base do each brands distribution in your area have. If most of the dealers of that brand in your area are known as "we can do it cheaper" contractors, That is what your business model will have to compete with. The consumer, again IMO, has not been educated enough about the craftmanship and service we provide, instead they view it as mearly buying a product and plugging it in. Advertising, and us as an industry in general must begin to change this around.

By the way I've been involved with selling Rheem products for over 25 yrs. But brand to brand is nothing more than a pissin contest.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by theoldscroll View Post
    This longer warranty equipment is also driving up equipment prices, and our labor rates. No $$ made on parts for the mfg. distributor, or us for that matter. This is the perfect example of the something gained to something lost rule. Or the "You buy the air conditioner, we'll give you the furnace" story. Botom line is 2 things. (1) Nothing is free. (2) In the end, no matter what business or service the client has to pay for all the cost.

As far as Rheem or Goodman goes, IMO, What kind of relationship and service the distributor can provide. Both brands, again IMO do not have the name recognition as say Lennox, Carrier, Trane. What Kind of dealer base do each brands distribution in your area have. If most of the dealers of that brand in your area are known as "we can do it cheaper" contractors, That is what your business model will have to compete with. The consumer, again IMO, has not been educated enough about the craftmanship and service we provide, instead they view it as mearly buying a product and plugging it in. Advertising, and us as an industry in general must begin to change this around.

By the way I've been involved with selling Rheem products for over 25 yrs. But brand to brand is nothing more than a pissin contest.
    <<< My Modified "Like Button".
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    It seems like I am fixing lots of factory issues on Goodman units all of the time, like 6 years into service.

Post Likes
    I sell Goodman. Rarely ever a problem or call back. Install it correctly, flow nitrogen when you braze, evac with a micron gauge and check superheat and subcool. It will be fine.

21. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Goodman here in phoenix arizona- yes it was 118 yesterday is tough to beat. they are much cheaper than anything else- and the quality has improved significantly over the past 10 or so years. I cant understand paying double the price for a "brand" that lasts the same- has an equal or lesser warranty, and the goodmans are solid units. I just got a 3 ton package heat pump installed for 3300$ for a customer. I think the equivalent rheem/ruud/whatever was over 3K and would have been over 4k installed. I was able to install it for 3300$. and the customer is cool and happy. So- he got a solid unit installed for about what it would cost to buy the other from the wholesaler. There are no parts issues, and they are easy to work on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in