Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oops

Post Likes

Oops

Got her
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Can really tell what I’m looking at or what happened.
    How bout a little context?
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    Long story short. Was running new power and gas line at my dads farm and he trenched through the old gas line to the barn but the new gas lines have no risers yet so I had to improvise and fix the line.

Post Likes
    that sucks , dont worry pc tech will be by shortly
    Sent from the van with the a/c on.

5. Likes Jettinvr6sc liked this post
    Post Likes
    It did suck. Didn’t get home till 1am

Post Likes
    you on the band wagon to because we know its an temp fix that would not pass code?

Post Likes
    to be nice i am sorry if you dont like it when i point stuff like that out but i will do so every time i see a post that does or would not pass where i am from i have never and never would do something that would not pass code in my area to much pride in my work and following the letter of the code book not a thing wrong with that

Post Likes
    that is what 811 or dig safe is for

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    to be nice i am sorry if you dont like it when i point stuff like that out but i will do so every time i see a post that does or would not pass where i am from i have never and never would do something that would not pass code in my area to much pride in my work and following the letter of the code book not a thing wrong with that
    we all know it's wrong. that's the beauty of it, just having some fun.
    Sent from the van with the a/c on.

Post Likes
    I am a gas fitter by trade so I know how wrong this is. There right now switching to the new lines. Could not locate it because there was no tracer wire.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mruysch View Post
    I am a gas fitter by trade so I know how wrong this is. There right now switching to the new lines. Could not locate it because there was no tracer wire.
    Normally WOS posts are what we encounter that are the results of OTHER'S poor trade practices. I admire the fact that you posted your own blunder here on the WOS. I've done some doozies myself...but have done my best to erase my memories of them.
    ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

13. Likes The Turtleman liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ECtofix View Post
    Normally WOS posts are what we encounter that are the results of OTHER'S poor trade practices. I admire the fact that you posted your own blunder here on the WOS. I've done some doozies myself...but have done my best to erase my memories of them.
    Isn’t that the truth! I have a rental house with upstairs and downstairs units. Recently, the upstairs power was shut off by the utility, and the downstairs was empty. So I turned off the main breaker in the dead box and ran some 10 gauge solid core on a appropriately sized breaker from the live box to the other to get some cooling while I worked. Legal? No. To code? No. Safe? Yes.

Sometimes you do what you gotta do! Safety is key....I’m not going to do something I feel could be unsafe....

Post Likes
    i don't call poking fun at my way of doing things fun now if you had said the xlux was comeing by etc that might be funny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast