Thread: MP580 transfer

Post Likes

MP580 transfer

First off new to controls.
    Been doing Trane SC+ upgrades. pulling in MP580 AHU's, they come in as generic. I can change profile in Rover to DAC. But seem to have a lot of unmaped points. Just wanting to know how others handle this issue. SC+ needs points mapped to correct keys to take advantage of built in programming.

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Post Likes
    Welcome to the controls world.

The equipment keys and the terrible, horrible, down right atrocious PPS that Trane essentially makes you use are complete garbage. But hey, anything to save a buck. (I worked for Trane for 12 years and have some opinions, take it for what it’s worth).

Now, not sure which points you’re looking for, but you most likely need to map the points to the corresponding snvts in tgp.

Example, say UI5 is discharge air temp. You need to make a tgp (or use one that already references that point) and grab an nvo block. Reference the block to dac profile dat temp and set units, then link them up.

Usually do the same for fan status, static pressure, heat and cool output etc.

Post Likes
    Thanks, I worked with senor tech to day and had to create TGP links to SC to get things to work. MP580's are a pain. SC class was easy, Yet to have a job like that in class, They have all been a pain. Like anything the boss thinks this should be done in a day no more than 2.