Post Likes

N4 - Allure EC-Smart-Vue - BMS / Thermostat Reading Discrepancy

Hey yall, so i get this hot call about this zone from the client saying that the zone is too hot please look into this. They say the thermostat is reading 76F, but when looking at the zone trends from the BMS the space temp is currently 70F. Assuming that the wiring is correct, is there any other possible reason as to why there's such a large discrepancy between what the thermostat is displaying and what the BMS is reading?

Thx,
    MQVD

Post Likes
    Sometimes the customers see the setpoint and think it is the space temp. Depends on how it is setup and how they are trained on it.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    Sometimes the customers see the setpoint and think it is the space temp. Depends on how it is setup and how they are trained on it.
    That's a fair point, but the client took a picture of the thermostat and comparing it with the trend data there's a large discrepancy between the two. I've see situations like this on Daikin VRF systsems when the thermostat codes aren't setup properly, but I'm pretty new to Distech and I'm at a loss with this one. It's probably a wiring issue, but I'm looking for any other possible causes to rule out first

Post Likes
    How do you have a wiring problem with a cat 5 cable?

Post Likes
    I think the temp from vav 3 is put on the graphic at the vav4 spot maybe. Some sort of mix up like that. The stats also at times have an offset internally. Check the stat settings internally
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.