Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paid mentoring

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I ran into a tech from Australia at a trade expo and he said the very same thing we are experiencing here is happening down there, self centered young guys glued to their smart phones, don't want to work or learn the trade, they want to go straight to the top without putting the time or paying dues and I thought the "millennial" epidemic was an American thing,guess is a worldwide infestation.

Maybe it was my up bringing or I am a different breed. Im 30 been on my own since I was 16. Was in the Marine Corps then came into this trade. When I started I knew I was going to get shit pay and shitty jobs. Ive been it now for 7 years and I still work the most hours, do the crappy jobs, because no one else will do them and always wanting to learn more and more every chance I get!!! I have a house 2 brand new trucks and atvs etc. I know guys I went to school with still living at home doing nothing with their lives.

So I hate hearing and seeing people my age who have an excuse on why they dont want to learn a trade, but blame everyone for their 100k student loan debt for their literacy degree.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch0311 View Post
    Maybe it was my up bringing or I am a different breed. I’m 30 been on my own since I was 16. Was in the Marine Corps then came into this trade. When I started I knew I was going to get shit pay and shitty jobs. I’ve been it now for 7 years and I still work the most hours, do the crappy jobs, because no one else will do them and always wanting to learn more and more every chance I get!!! I have a house 2 brand new trucks and atvs etc. I know guys I went to school with still living at home doing nothing with their lives.

So I hate hearing and seeing people my age who have an excuse on why they don’t want to learn a trade, but blame everyone for their 100k student loan debt for their literacy degree.
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    What about where you work now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Pierce View Post
    I am growing older and approaching the age in which the physical portion of my job is becoming harder. I am wondering about the viability
    Of working with contractors teaching service techs that they employ.
    I was considering a month by month contract to actually ride with a service tech
    Along with schooling time to speed up a service techs education.
    Anyone have any thoughts?
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12