+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: refrigerant leak sealer

Post Likes
    I got hooked on using that sealant crap for a while. It made me lazy. This year I decided to never use it again(after watching Chris on HVACR youtube videos), and Now I seem to find all the leaks I was too lazy to look for that I deemed too difficult to find. Now, of course, I have become a snob about it and look down on my co workers for using it. Go H10-Pro!

2. Likes trippintl0 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nytech28 View Post
    Hello techs , can any one recommend me a good refrigerant leak sealer & tools required to use the sealant tube. I never used the leak sealer before but would like to use it on a mini split unit that leaks freon over time,any suggestions about using the sealant would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    YES, YES I DO !. Go To School, and Learn How to Troubleshoot, Find, and Repair a Leak with the "PROPER HVAC REPAIR TOOLS". End of Story, and Advice. Now,Take Care, and No Personal Offence Intended.

PS: NEVER USE THIS "Panther Piss", unless you are willing to put a tag with YOUR NAME on the Unit, So Us "Real Deal Professionals" Know What We are Dealing With When We Arrive On Site to Attempt to Troubleshoot this MESS, that Some "So Called Wannabe" "HVAC Techs" Have left US, to Attempt to Clean Up and REPAIR. Thanks!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nytech28 View Post
    Hello techs , can any one recommend me a good refrigerant leak sealer & tools required to use the sealant tube. I never used the leak sealer before but would like to use it on a mini split unit that leaks freon over time,any suggestions about using the sealant would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    NEVER use leak seal on a mini-split/ductless. You will kill it.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joemach View Post
    NEVER use leak seal on a mini-split/ductless. You will kill it.
    I know its not good, but kill it?

Post Likes
    I found some sort of a calculator on this app. Not sure If I am using it right. But I dont like the compressor discharge temp. But I also didn't like my 337 head pressure as well.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 1.28.53 AM.png
Views: 239
Size:  346.0 KB

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Raud View Post
    I found some sort of a calculator on this app. Not sure If I am using it right. But I dont like the compressor discharge temp. But I also didn't like my 337 head pressure as well.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 1.28.53 AM.png
Views: 239
Size:  346.0 KB
    225° is generally considered the limit. I like to keep it below 200°F. "

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    225° is generally considered the limit. I like to keep it below 200°F. "
    Looks like I posted in the wrong thread. Yeah, ive heard about that limit and from a class I saw from copeland(and I believe one of your posts) I I am making my limit 200f as well. I brought up discharge temperature monitoring at a meeting at work and all i got was a bunch of sighs. Too much hassle for people to check.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Raud View Post
    I know its not good, but kill it?
    That stuff will clog the mini-split system up and it will need to be replaced. At least the outdoor unit anyway. It has no filter dryer.

If you don't believe me, call the manufacturer.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Post Likes
    I feel the same way about the acid cleanup powder you dump in the system. Never used it and clean up driers seem to work fine. The proper refrigerant, oil and and a dry and proper vacuum I will stand behind.
    UA Local 32 retired as of Jan 2020

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in