Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Likes

After 2019 R-22 Is Gone!

So after 2019 they’re gonna phase out r-22. In your opinion is this even a problem? Obviously there’s a few good drop in’s. Either way any 22 system is already at least 5 years old and on limited time anyways! I see this as great for our industry! What do y’all think? It’s a selling point! Agree? Disagree?

Post Likes
    Aren't they only stopping new manufacturing of it ?
    There's lots in reserve that they'll clean up and resell moving forward.

Post Likes
    It’s R-12 2.0. Nothing new or exciting. R-22 will still be around.
    Don’t really need any selling points. If it’s broke, fix it. If it’s really really broke, offer to fix it or replace it.
    I don’t much like selling new equipment anyway. Some of the old stuff is fun to work on.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

4. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Post Likes
    And a lot of the old stuff was made better also, not like what seems to be disposable units made for sales techs.
    UA Local 32

6. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Post Likes
    R-22, will always be available, just like R-12 is available today. The same type laws that changed R-12 in ‘95(ish), are what’s happening to R-22 today. The change in laws didn’t force everyone to go buy new cars, DO NOT use it as a sales tactic. It’s called lying. R-22 is NOT illegal, R-22 equipment is NOT illegal, working on units that use R-22 is NOT illegal. The laws about leaking units only take effect if the unit holds 50 pounds of R-22. Attorneys are setting up stings in my area and have been suing companies using these tactics. Preying on uninformed consumers IS illegal. There are literally tons of R-22 in use today, and the laws require us to recover it and turn it back in for recycling/ purifying to be sold again, and again. Hopefully you’ve been misinformed, and are not intentionally using those tactics.
    There are two ways to do things, Right and Again.

8. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Post Likes
    You don’t like selling new stuff? Really? Are you retired rider77? That’s where the money is! All a client is good for is making us money!!! R-22 where I’m from is $ per 30lbs. That’s way less than it has been since 2015. I really think it’s gonna be unaffordable on our part in 2 years opposed to drop ins!
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-03-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Post Likes
    Good to see you again guru.
    Not retired at all. I make my money the honest way.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

11. Likes BALloyd liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shavedneon View Post
    R-22, will always be available, just like R-12 is available today. The same type laws that changed R-12 in ‘95(ish), are what’s happening to R-22 today. The change in laws didn’t force everyone to go buy new cars, DO NOT use it as a sales tactic. It’s called lying. R-22 is NOT illegal, R-22 equipment is NOT illegal, working on units that use R-22 is NOT illegal. The laws about leaking units only take effect if the unit holds 50 pounds of R-22. Attorneys are setting up stings in my area and have been suing companies using these tactics. Preying on uninformed consumers IS illegal. There are literally tons of R-22 in use today, and the laws require us to recover it and turn it back in for recycling/ purifying to be sold again, and again. Hopefully you’ve been misinformed, and are not intentionally using those tactics.
    We have companies here advertising that b.s. It's just scare tactics.

Post Likes
    22 wont be GONE .... but it will be so expensive you wont buy any

Post Likes
    Just got a flyer from a local dist in town 30lbs of R-22 is $
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-03-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-sparrow View Post
    Obviously there’s a few good drop in’s. ?
    Define Drop In.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    It’s R-12 2.0. Nothing new or exciting. R-22 will still be around.
    Don’t really need any selling points. If it’s broke, fix it. If it’s really really broke, offer to fix it or replace it.
    I don’t much like selling new equipment anyway. Some of the old stuff is fun to work on.
    agree on the r12 comparison only thing I can’t stand is the word drop in. That and everyone had their flavor for substitution
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Its an open forum. No prices allowed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast