+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not going full blown HVAC owner yet.

Post Likes

Not going full blown HVAC owner yet.

I have decided to keep working for my present employer as they are treating me very nicely $$. May last another 6 months, may last 6 years. Not sure.

In the meantime I am going to open up a little side "water heater install" business as I have my limited oregon WHI license. Pick up a little extra income on select evenings and weekends. Think it will be a good move.

Post Likes
    Good luck with that, that was how I started a number of my businesses, went from there and lasted a number of years on my own, but as you said your current employer is treating you good that was not the case with me so as soon as I could I was on my my own!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    Indoor Air Quality Master Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

Post Likes
    When looking at starting a company from the ground up the important part that hangs most companies is the business side of things. I always say to make sure to have a good understanding of accounting and QuickBooks is a very easy program to use for a small to mid-sized company. Make sure to cover yourself with an LLC, but as you grow can start an S-Corp. Once you get that large you will more than likely have a building a few trucks. The other thing to do to adjust your tax load is to have your LLC own the building and then rent it back to your Corporation. Make sure it is not over 35% of income or it could be considered embezzlement. It also allows for another layer of protection. If something was to legally happen to the Corporation then you can start another and put back in the same shop in no time. Also when wanting to go out on your own make sure that you have 6 months of cash flow saved and if you use that up and still not getting the profit you want then you can go back to what you are making good money at.

Post Likes
    Yeah I tried that too but when the calls start coming in and you are stuck working for someone else it gets really hard to do really quick.

Post Likes
    post some of your installs so we can show the rest of the world how the pros do it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    post some of your installs so we can show the rest of the world how the pros do it
    Hell, I may even install a proper sediment trap. Lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in