Post Likes

My FP pressure probe developed a leak at 11 months, was this an issue???

I'm wondering if this was an issue that has been resolved with upgraded seals or something???

Is it time to try the new Testo long range probe set up???
    Thoughts???

I sent it in for warranty repair, just sucks I will be without probes for a week or so. Oh the horror... I guess I'll have to go back to using my Testo 550 set up.

OH, yeah I forgot I have a whole iConnect kit....
    Last edited by mgenius33; 07-31-2019 at 05:26 PM.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    I'm wondering if this was an issue that has been resolved with upgraded seals or something???

Is it time to try the new Testo long range probe set up???
    Thoughts???

I sent it in for warranty repair, just sucks I will be without probes for a week or so. Oh the horror... I guess I'll have to go back to using my Testo 550 set up.

OH, yeah I forgot I have a whole iConnect kit....
    my i connect system is 3 yrs old now and im using mq app with it..not single issue..so not sure why you gave up on them IMO they are still the first and the best..

I do use the FP temp clamp BT set for the pipe temps so im wireless no

Post Likes
    How bad is the leak? Is it big enough to see or hear refer escaping or did you find it during a nitro pressure test? I’ve worried about having one before during pressure testing. If I have a small leak I spray the silver fittings with soap bubbles and so far haven’t had a leak.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achso017 View Post
    How bad is the leak? Is it big enough to see or hear refer escaping or did you find it during a nitro pressure test? I’ve worried about having one before during pressure testing. If I have a small leak I spray the silver fittings with soap bubbles and so far haven’t had a leak.
    It started to develop when I heard a hissing and noticed refrigerant coming out. I use thumbscrew adapters on the high psi probe so there's no need to crank down on the probe connection itself. The top of the probe is loose though and will turn back and forth slightly. I actually use the low psi probe to nitrogen pressure test. I do about 250-300 psig.

Post Likes
    Hmmm. I haven’t noticed any looseness on my probes yet. Hopefully it’s an isolated issue. I doubt the nitro test contributed to the failure since r410a pressures routinely get close to and sometimes exceed 400 psi. I guess time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Well I’m happy to say, Fieldpiece continues to impress with their customer service. They received and shipped out a new set of probes the same day. I got the box today and was delighted to see a pair of pressure probes, not just one. Wohoo!

I’ve changed my mind about going to the Testos, and will be picking up a 3rd FP air probe to use with Measurequick.

Yes the new probes have a warning label on them not to twist the body.
    I will be careful to pay close attention to this in the future.

Post Likes
    Well I’m happy to say, Fieldpiece continues to impress with their customer service. They received and shipped out a new set of probes the same day. I got the box today and was delighted to see a pair of pressure probes, not just one. Wohoo!

I’ve changed my mind about going to the Testos, and will be picking up a 3rd FP air probe to use with Measurequick.

Nice! Fieldpiece customer service is awesome. I've got two stories like yours. Here is one:

One time they warrantied a tool that I bought used on ebay. I told them that and they said "Don't worry. We'll send you a new one. Send the old one back once you get the new one. There will be a pre paid label in the box."

The cool part about that was the tool wasn't broken. It was a SLR2 and it wouldn't go into "turbo" mode. I called them thinking it was broken and told them I picked it up used on ebay. They asked the serial number and then told me it was one from their first batch and the there wasn't a "turbo" mode on them. They added it later and wanted me to have a working one with the turbo mode. I told them again it was purchased used off ebay. They said "No problem. We want you to have the newer improved one."
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes

FP transducer leak 11 months

Hi guys, I’ve had a FP Pressure transducer SH/SC head for a couple of years. I use small rubber, instead of screw cap, to cap the transducer when I’m not using it. It keeps dirt from going inside probe and allows any residual gas/oil to bleed out. A little alcohol prior to use and still going strong. FP has the best customer service people and great testers for the industry.
    Last edited by Bklyntek; 08-21-2019 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Misspelled words

9. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post