Post Likes

Senville Sena 24HF/ID issue

hello all, I was a service tech for years but switched jobs about 15 years ago,,, here I am again!
    So here is the scoop, I get a call and jump in a already installed (by another tech?) split unit... I had to finish up the duct and get the system up and running... I check all power and all is good, 120v each leg both pre and post and I also have 55-56V on my signal wire both outside and in, pre and post. so I vacuum and release and charge the system. I go to turn on the unit and I have No power to the "remote" unit which comes off the air handler board and that the Thermostat is plugged into. I have done many split units over the years and I have never seen a set-up like this... where the thermostat does not wire directly to the inside unit.
    called senville support and they said it was probably a bad board in the inside air handler... so they sent one out, I replaced it and still no power to the control or thermostat... I'm not even getting a light to blink a code? again this is a Senville Sena 24 HF/ID concealed duct system. I have 22 more units to install in this neighborhood of "villas". any thoughts? could this be a power issue? thanks!
    I don't know how to post pics but I have pics of the remote unti and the thermostat along with meter readings ... I use my old UEI DL250 but it's reliable!

Post Likes
    " I check all power and all is good, 120v each leg both pre and post" enlighten me as to what that means.
    Where are you checking power at & to?
    "pre & post" what?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    " I check all power and all is good, 120v each leg both pre and post" enlighten me as to what that means.
    Where are you checking power at & to?
    "pre & post" what?
    connections into the unit, I have gone on service calls in the past where power connections were not complete... meaning if someone just checks the input side of a connection and does not have a solid connection the output would be null... like on this system I did not wire it so I check both L1 L2 and above where the power is sent to the unit...