Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Likes
    sure does but the air intake is under the home as stated in page 3 of the install manual they put two square cut outs you can use for air intake and in my old home it was used when the second furnace was installed the first used the roof jack air itake but after a couple of good snow storms that got changed and yes it was approved by the manufacturer and the maker of the home as well as the local code inspector

Post Likes
    pctech,

If You had a Roof jack, then the Combustion Air came from it. I understand the Snow problem, but Coleman & Nordyne/Miller/Whatever had & have Roof Jack Extensions that can be added to clear the Assembly out of the Snow, .... Most of the time.

About twenty years ago, WE had a Major Snow storm that dumped 32" of what was supposed to be "Flurries" that buried many a Roof Jack & Vent.

I've tore out Old M.H. furnaces that had that crawlspace intake, but never re-installed it with the newer furnaces.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Seller told her it had a brand new furnace and not to worry. Water heater just about ready to fall through the rotted out floor. Gonna go back Saturday and yank the heater and put it on a fresh piece of 3/4" plywood. She has no money to pay.
    Sometimes it is just nice to help someone out. I have done it a few times. This has to be more than about money.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    no it came from under the house after i disconnected the roof jack air intake and plugged it for good and used the cut out and lined it with duct metal and the maker aka miller said its fine its approved and my local inspector said its fine as well as most homes have plenty of air under them and in fact the newer homes the skirting has openings in it for that reason to keep the under side of the home from turning in to a mold pile like the older homes that did not have breathable skirting did mine did it originally but i tore out all the old belly insulation and had the rest of the home cleaned under neath and new insulation put in and a new belly cover installed and even changed from the old gray water piping to the newer pex piping .

Post Likes
    One word. "YIKES"

Post Likes
    Does a concentric roof exhaust/intake increase efficiency by pre-heating the combustion air?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Does a concentric roof exhaust/intake increase efficiency by pre-heating the combustion air?
    It's only concentric for about a foot or two, so I doubt it makes a difference.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345