Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Like I said above, the NEC doesn't denote directionality, but specifies the device has to be installed per manufacturer's instructions. So if the manufacturer doesn't say otherwise you can do what you want.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I've noticed that flat plugs w ground have the cord on the ground pin side, so if the ground is down, wire lays flat. if ground is up, the cord comes out top and droops over, pulling on the plug rather than hanging straight down.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    In my 10 years as an Electrician all I've ever heard is people trying to come up with clever explanations to accommodate their OCD on receptacle orientation. There is nothing in code except on counters. Just accept it.

Post Likes
    How about when they made the red light green light change on MCC panels?

That both confused me and pissed me off at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by MPeterson21 View Post
    In my 10 years as an Electrician all I've ever heard is people trying to come up with clever explanations to accommodate their OCD on receptacle orientation. There is nothing in code except on counters. Just accept it.

If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    How about when they made the red light green light change on MCC panels?

That both confused me and pissed me off at the same time.
    What is very stupid about that change is power plants use red in the opposite of green in general industry (NFPA 79). It's all an ego thing.

I really hate standards that aren't really standards. When I train apprentices I continually tell myself to leave my OCD at home but explain why some people do things one way or another.

Post Likes
    OCD is just a created / applied label for the quite natural human tendency to attempt to simplify one's world. Forming a habit to do something exactly the same way frees up brain power as you don't have to critically assess habitual items each time.

This happens in thought processes all the time - hence my signature line. <g>

Quote Originally Posted by MPeterson21 View Post
    What is very stupid about that change is power plants use red in the opposite of green in general industry (NFPA 79). It's all an ego thing.

I really hate standards that aren't really standards. When I train apprentices I continually tell myself to leave my OCD at home but explain why some people do things one way or another.

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    I know it simplifies thinking for people but it's unfair to apprentices to be forced into someone's way. I had quite a few trainer's that obsessed about things that were so wrong that it made work difficult.

Post Likes
    I've seen it go the other way, give some leeway and people go with "the laziest way"
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12