Post Likes

Trane Voyager / president bacnet communication.

I have a project that has 5 trane units. The building BMS is Carrier I-VU
    I have no problem binding to the points. The trane unit does't respond to the inputs. For example it held the oat temp for 2 hrs and never refreshed.
    I have the Trane TU, tried refreshing, releasing and such with no results.

Question if you have hardwire inputs active ( g,y,y2,etc) does that change anything with bacnet.

I dont like the way the szvav worked either so I just took control of the whole unit.

Any opinions on the bacnet issue?

Post Likes
    I know that the conventional thermostat inputs are given the lowest priority on Trane Reliatel units....any other control scheme should have priority.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I recently did a job where I had to integrate a few Intellipacs. There is a BV that when switched, the unit just would not respond to ANYTHING I told him. The best way to find it is to dig through the UI at the unit and switch the control from Local to BMS - again this was an Intellipac.

Also TRANE makes a software tool that plugs into their gateways with a USB that will allow you to change this setting.

This is all Intellipac specific, not reliatel specific, but maybe it gets you in the right direction.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Post Likes
    Make sure BO1 is set for BAS control. Another thing to look out for is the point service. Trane defaults a large amount of non-essential points to “out of service=true”. Stuff like space temp BAS etc.

If the unit has szvav capability, you’ll get better humidity control if you allow it to run rather than using the unit like a 2h/2c.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    I recently did a job where I had to integrate a few Intellipacs. There is a BV that when switched, the unit just would not respond to ANYTHING I told him. The best way to find it is to dig through the UI at the unit and switch the control from Local to BMS - again this was an Intellipac.

Also TRANE makes a software tool that plugs into their gateways with a USB that will allow you to change this setting.

This is all Intellipac specific, not reliatel specific, but maybe it gets you in the right direction.
    The software is free from Trane's website and you need a USB A to B cable. Most likely you don't have the BV set to BAS control.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Do you have a specific link for this software?
    Quote Originally Posted by MPeterson21 View Post
    The software is free from Trane's website and you need a USB A to B cable. Most likely you don't have the BV set to BAS control.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    https://www.trane.com/content/trane-...ownload-center

I believe it's the Tracer BacNet setup tool. If it doesn't work let me know and I will dig it up.

Post Likes
    ill double check the unit to see if its set to bas control. good info thanks guys

Post Likes
    Double check everything, these units in particular are a PITA to get right. If you do something as simple as putting in a invalid building static setpoint the unit shuts down. Points need to be in service, set to BAS control as mentioned. Don't strictly need their tool/USB to mark points in service, you can do that through BACnet.
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and Smartstruxure newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

Post Likes
    If i have a Trane Voyager with BCI-R card previously installed which is setup for BAS Control via BACnet and I want to do hardwired controls for Fan Start/Stop, enabling cooling and heating stages, etc. How would I go about this? I already used the BACnet Setup Tool and disabled (unchecked) BAS Control, power cycled unit; however upon power cycling, the unit will turn on its fan by itself as if it were taking the BAS command and NOT my hardwired start/stop landed on the Voyager's G terminal

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mathieule1 View Post
    If i have a Trane Voyager with BCI-R card previously installed which is setup for BAS Control via BACnet and I want to do hardwired controls for Fan Start/Stop, enabling cooling and heating stages, etc. How would I go about this? I already used the BACnet Setup Tool and disabled (unchecked) BAS Control, power cycled unit; however upon power cycling, the unit will turn on its fan by itself as if it were taking the BAS command and NOT my hardwired start/stop landed on the Voyager's G terminal
    The best sure fire way is to remove the BCI-R from the circuit. There’s a daisy chain of power (red/blue and comm black/black) that connects from board to board.

Post Likes
    did that today.

Quote Originally Posted by roadgear16 View Post
    The best sure fire way is to remove the BCI-R from the circuit. There’s a daisy chain of power (red/blue and comm black/black) that connects from board to board.