Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Let me see if i got this right.

3 white students took a picture in front of a sign with some bullet holes in it. The sign had been replaced several times because of bullet holes and vandalism in the past. There was no indication that the boys had shot the sign or done any vandalism to it.

The sign was associated with a case of black/white conflict. There was no indication if the boys agreed with the ones that killed Till or if they were upset that a white woman lied causing the problem.

Some how through this massive lack of facts people are jumping to the conclusion that the boys had done something wrong, when the reality is the incident is still under investigation.

Does that pretty much sum it up or did i miss something. We are suppose to judge people on their merit not hearsay, innuendo, and speculation, right.
    Wow....that was one of the most idiotic posts I have seen in ARP, and frankly I'm surprised that it came from you, BNME8EZ, a man who usually seems relatively reasonable and conscientious. I guess you're showing your true colors too, huh?

Forgive the interruption, you may now stick your head back in the sand.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMasticator View Post
    Wow....BNME8EZ that was one of the most idiotic posts I have seen in ARP, and frankly I'm surprised that it came from you,
    Why the F are you giving him My crown ?? Thats messed up man ....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Why the F are you giving him My crown ?? Thats messed up man ....
    I see that reading comprehension, along with logic, just ain't your thing...

Honestly, Snapper, that was by far the worst argument I've ever seen from you.

Post Likes
    Wow....that was one of the most idiotic posts I have seen in ARP, and frankly I'm surprised that it came from you, BNME8EZ, a man who usually seems relatively reasonable and conscientious. I guess you're showing your true colors too, huh?

No need for acidity, MM. Isn't BNM's point that we know nothing other than the boys took a photo in front of the sign? A valid point it is. I don't see anything unfactual or speculative in his comment, do you?

This is all we really know (from your linked article):

"It's unclear whether the students actually fired at the sign or when the picture was taken. It shows two students standing with guns and a third unarmed student kneeling in tall grass at night, lit by what appear to be the headlights of a vehicle. It's unclear who took the photograph."

We also know that they showed poor judgement. Anything else is pure speculation, a matter of making a photo fit a narrative.

Post Likes
    I see that reading comprehension, along with logic, just ain't your thing...
    Oh so I get to keep my crown , but he gets a much larger one ?

Thats ok I like a challenge ....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    No need for acidity, MM. Isn't BNM's point that we know nothing other than the boys took a photo in front of the sign? A valid point it is. I don't see anything unfactual or speculative in his comment, do you?

This is all we really know (from your linked article):

"It's unclear whether the students actually fired at the sign or when the picture was taken. It shows two students standing with guns and a third unarmed student kneeling in tall grass at night, lit by what appear to be the headlights of a vehicle. It's unclear who took the photograph."

We also know that they showed poor judgement. Anything else is pure speculation, a matter of making a photo fit a narrative.
    I never accused the boys of shooting the sign, thought it's quite likely they did...given the fact that they are posing in front of it with frickin' rifles in their hands!!

I accuse them of being scumbags, on account of posing for that photo, and you and I both know that they don't have to break a law to be scumbags, right?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Oh so I get to keep my crown , but he gets a much larger one ?

Thats ok I like a challenge ....
    Forget about a crown, we need to get you a library card.

Post Likes

Gee, apparently you don't read your posts. Most of the time they are so filled with self-righteous rubbish that they are not worth the time to read.

So what exactly did I get wrong? Isn't jumping to conclusions without evidence to back it when it is white people just as racist as it concerns people of color, what ever color that may be.

If the article had said that the students did something wrong I would be right there with you. I'm just withholding judgement till the facts come out. Can you say the same?

Post Likes
    I never accused the boys of shooting the sign, thought it's quite likely they did...given the fact that they are posing in front of it with frickin' rifles in their hands!!

I accuse them of being scumbags, on account of posing for that photo, and you and I both know that they don't have to break a law to be scumbags, right?
    The reality is that all you have are some college boys, pulling a stunt. The objective view is to withhold judgement until facts are known. We don't know if they are the 'evil grinning' racists you suppose them to be or if they are just college kids doing something stupid.

Surely you don't feel justified in labeling them as 'scumbags' on the basis of the photo alone? One event does not a scumbag make. If that's all it takes, we are all scumbags many times over.

Intent is everything. You have nothing on which to base your 'implied' claims.

Post Likes
    Gee, apparently you don't read your posts. Most of the time they are so filled with self-righteous rubbish that they are not worth the time to read.
    Technically, it is impossible to not be reading something you are writing. That's just more delirium from you. Today is not a good day for you. I suggest you take a break and come back when your mind is more clear.

So what exactly did I get wrong? Isn't jumping to conclusions without evidence to back it when it is white people just as racist as it concerns people of color, what ever color that may be.

If the article had said that the students did something wrong I would be right there with you. I'm just withholding judgement till the facts come out. Can you say the same?
    Speaking of jumping to conclusions, did I ever come out and actually accuse those racist punks of shooting up the sign? Nah...I guess your selective logic didn't notice that misstep of yours either.

If I have to spell it out for you (and it is shocking that I do have to do so), there are two wrongs associated with this photo:

1) Three racist punks disrespected a dead boy who was lynched by racist thugs, by posing (with guns!) for a photo in front of sign (a bullet riddled sign!) that somberly reminds us of the murder. That photo has since been shared by the boys, or leaked by another party, causing a small firestorm of outrage that ultimately feeds the wider societal problem of racial tension.

2) Unknown perpatrators have repeatedly shot up this sign and at least one previous version of it. The perps may or may include the three racist punks. We will probably never know given the relatively remote location and lack of evidence and witnesses.

Need any other help sorting out your thought process at the moment?

Post Likes
    I figured with your prowess with the written word that it would be like muscle memory and you just go on autopilot. Its ok you’re kinda cute when you’re upset.

Technically, it is impossible to not be reading something you are writing. That's just more delirium from you. Today is not a good day for you. I suggest you take a break and come back when your mind is more clear.

Speaking of jumping to conclusions, did I ever come out and actually accuse those racist punks of shooting up the sign? Nah...I guess your selective logic didn't notice that misstep of yours either.

If I have to spell it out for you (and it is shocking that I do have to do so), there are two wrongs associated with this photo:

1) Three racist punks disrespected a dead boy who was lynched by racist thugs, by posing (with guns!) for a photo in front of sign (a bullet riddled sign!) that somberly reminds us of the murder. That photo has since been shared by the boys, or leaked by another party, causing a small firestorm of outrage that ultimately feeds the wider societal problem of racial tension.

2) Unknown perpatrators have repeatedly shot up this sign and at least one previous version of it. The perps may or may include the three racist punks. We will probably never know given the relatively remote location and lack of evidence and witnesses.

Need any other help sorting out your thought process at the moment?

Post Likes
    I figured with your prowess with the written word that it would be like muscle memory and you just go on autopilot. Its ok you’re kinda cute when you’re upset.
    Wouldn't it be more appropriate if you attempted to flirt with me in one of the threads concerned with homosexuality? I appreciate the coquettish little compliment, but still, I have to let you know I'm not interested at all because...well, I don't do man on man.

No judgement, though. God loves you as you are.

Post Likes
    PS. You could have just thanked me for fixing your sloppy train of thought.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast