Thread: Fad politics...

Post Likes

Fad politics...

Today, well, for a 4 day weekend...
    The local radio talk station (WSB for the locals)...
    Is having a fund raiser... Good cause, however I get tired of listening to it...
    So went radio dial surfing... looking for something else...
    Landed on a female voice... who provided an interesting thought:

Lets start with diets:
    Folks will decide they do not like their weight...
    So they go looking for a diet...
    Lets say the person settles on the 'Paleo' diet (not sure what it is, that is not the point)...
    They stick to it for a few weeks, loose 10-15#'s...
    Then they decide they want an ice-cream or a donut...
    Then another...
    And soon they gained back the entire 10-15#'s... and maybe more.
    Then they decide they do not like the shape they are in... so they try another diet... lets say it is the Mediterranean diet...
    Again, 10-15-maybe 20#'s off...
    Then the cravings...
    Then the gain back... with extra.
    So they try yet another fad diet...
    Repeat,
    Repeat,
    Repeat!

Now lets look at politics...
    Folks elect a conservative (usually a GOP, sometimes an independent, rarely a DIM)...
    They like it for a while, then want something that is not conservative...
    So they abandon the conservative principles, elect a leftist or liberal or progressive (usually DIMS)... and the advancements/gains of the conservative go away...
    So they go back and elect another conservative...
    Repeat,
    Repeat,
    Repeat.

So what is in common with the diet scenario and the voting scenario...
    NEITHER solved the problem... rather
    BOTH were just fads, which ultimately repeated themselves.

So one has to, IMO, as these questions:
    *Are we smart enough to determine we are playing fad games...
    *Do we really not care about solving problems...
    *Do the diet folks AND the polecats... WANT us in a fad mentality...
    So they can keep us on the treadmill, while they get rich???

Questions that need thought...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Ive lost quite a bit of weight due to worry and stress.... worry and stress have let up some but now... I guess my stomach shrunk or something..... cause I dont eat as much as I used to... and have cut out any form of snacking unless its something like an apple... or an occasional half a peanut butter sandwich..... or.. more accurately... a poor mans peanut butter taco....

Nothing like the family crisis weight loss program.....
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Id kill for a big pal with cheese... or something like a double quarter pounder... or maybe one of those burger king gut busters..... but... cant do it...

I keep telling myself I can get a reward on friday... but I dont...... Just that kind of guy..... Always pushing myself past the limits....

A man of TRUE GRIT....

Probably will end up eventually getting a pizza with everything one day on the way home from work.... fold it in half and eat it like a sandwich....... then get home... lock the truck up...... and go collapse in the front yard......

"Musta been somethin I ate".... lol

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Id kill for a big pal with cheese... or something like a double quarter pounder... or maybe one of those burger king gut busters..... but... cant do it...

I keep telling myself I can get a reward on friday... but I dont...... Just that kind of guy.....

Probably will end up eventually getting a pizza with everything one day on the way home from work.... fold it in half and eat it like a sandwich....... then get home... lock the truck up...... and go collapse in the front yard......

https://palsweb.com

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    I’m a stress eater....and nothing, not even the thought of free stuff from the government....sooths like a bk WHOPPER/cheese.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

I keep telling myself I can get a reward on friday... but I dont...... Just that kind of guy.....

https://palsweb.com

I never heard of "Pal's Sudden Service" (odd name). Their burgers look pretty average, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    I’m a stress eater....and nothing, not even the thought of free stuff from the government....sooths like a bk WHOPPER/cheese.
    Healthier than grill fried, but BK burgers always taste a bit like cardboard to me.

Post Likes
    Whoppers are the best. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    I do not do burgers much anymore... trying to eat healthy... which is hard to do at fast food places.

Arby's has some good sandwich combo's...
    And then there is Zaxby's (at least in the SE)...

Try to avoid MikeDees, BK, and Wendy's...
    Prefer Zaxby's, Arby's, and Chick-fil-A
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I never heard of "Pal's Sudden Service" (odd name). Their burgers look pretty average, though.

Its a local chain. Its a good burger though..... tastes like something you would fix at home... thats the appeal.
    Go to burger king, mac dees... wendys...... those are all sandwiches... none of them taste really home made.

Toasted bun... mayo, lettuce tomato and onion..... its nothing fancy... but its a good hamburger.

I remember back years ago when you could go to these old country restaurants... or even stores... and get really great cheeseburgers.... but all those places have pretty much disappeared.

Anyhow... Ive not really had any fast food in a couple of months..... I got a sausage biscuit this morning at hardees... thought "man, after 2 months this is gonna be great"... and I ended up tossing most of it...... lol out the window... lol

Healthier than grill fried, but BK burgers always taste a bit like cardboard to me.
    Get a bacon king with ..... thats a flavorful gut buster.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Part of my reply to vins post in the quote in the above post... dont know how that happened.....

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Only thing I like from chick fill it.... is their cold chicken salad sandwich with some of their hot sauce on it....

Not a lot of hot sauce... just a pack drizzled on.

Lemme tell ya something.... none of its good for you...... unless you are eating a plain salad... maybe with some boiled chicken in it.... there is something unhealthy about it.... lol

Chewbacca Mom 2016