Post Likes

York YCAV feed and drain valves

Hello, I have just completed replacement of the flash tank feed and drain valves on a YCAV chiller. The valves are installed and wired correctly, I also replaced the control module with one that is correct for the new Danfoss valves. I am experiencing low superheated trips. After thorough checking I figured out that the valves work exactly opposite from how they are supposed to. In other words when I give the valve a command to go to 100% it closes instead of opening. Is there something I need to do such as switching leads on the valve connection to the control module? Or is it possible that I was given the incorrect control module? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Greg

Post Likes
    Update: I found out that I had to switch the leads on the connections to the valve module. On each valve I switched the red and white leads, then switched the green and black leads, then the valves all work correctly. The chiller is online and running like a champ!
    I found this out from a outside source, since Johnson Controls would not provide me any technical support because I am not a Johnson Controls employee. I am not a big fan of Johnson Controls.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanss454 View Post
    ...I found this out from a outside source, since Johnson Controls would not provide me any technical support because I am not a Johnson Controls employee...
    i don't get much technical support either and i am a Johnson Controls employee.

there is a bulletin. for some reason, the quality control is not very good or whatever and the leads may need to be switched around as you found out.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Post Likes
    When Danfoss change up their valves the wires had to swapped. There is a blue letter about all the changes of wires and valve heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    You happen to have that handy to send me?

Post Likes
    Here
    Attached Files Attached Files
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Cool, thank you sir!