Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mary Jane

Post Likes

Mary Jane

Earlier i saw post in regards to working in a Marijuana grow house and i myself had some questions in regards to MJ.

First off, considering the legality and how states are now beginning to over turn convictions and regulate MJ, as business owners or even just as a worker what are your thoughts and opinions on the use of MJ?

If you have a good candidate for an open position as a tech, but this "person" admits to or just test positive for MJ, would you still hire them or are you saying thank you and good bye?

I have always found it weird how strict jobs have been towards the use of MJ considering that it is impossible to know the last time a person used unless they are in front of you and under the influence.

If you go home and drink a bottle of Jack daniel's you can come back in 1-2 days and test clean but if you are an MJ user, it could have been a few weeks since last use and still come up positive.

So i guess my question is, with the legalization of MJ will it be accepted in the trade field or will it always have a black eye?

I honestly can see it both ways, i can see why a company would not want to take a chance with a MJ smoker as well as the loss of opportunity for a company to have good employees because of what they choose to do on their own time.

Lets discuss?

Post Likes
    Who wants a dope head as a co worker or an employee. Had a employee years ago who could never make a week without laying out one or two days.

3 days in a row was tops for him. Pot was his drug of choice and it was very hard for him to get up on time in the morning.

I'm sure maybe some dope heads here who will say pot doesn't hurt their performance. BS.

It sure hurt Joe's. Yeah. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    I suspect the larger question is...

Insurance related

I have never asked my agent what would happen if there was an accident or a GL claim...
    And it turned up an employee was 'stoned'...
    Never thought it was an important question.

Here is one thought...
    Folks that stay stoned all the time...
    Tend to be passive.
    While passive is better than aggressive to the point of being a problem...
    Does a passive person:
    *Finish the job 100% RIGHT
    *Be pro-active about their responsibilities
    *Have reliable driving skills
    *Communicate properly with customers
    *Present themselves properly
    And a host more...

So do you really want that person on your payroll???

I think I noted in another thread...
    One does not see gay/lessie behavior in the Hispanic community...
    One does not see much MJ in the Hispanic community (one does see alcohol abuse though).

Perhaps we need to take a moral lesson from them...
    They seem to have more common sense than we do, concerning sexual preference and what they put in their bodies.

And if we are too proud or too smart to take that moral lesson...
    Do we deserve to keep our country???

Questions for thought!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Who wants a dope head as a co worker or an employee. Had a employee years ago who could never make a week without laying out one or two days.

3 days in a row was tops for him. Pot was his drug of choice and it was very hard for him to get up on time in the morning.

I'm sure maybe some dope heads here who will say pot doesn't hurt their performance. BS.

It sure hurt Joe's. Yeah. Thank you very much
    Sometimes its the person, but i will agree with you. I too have met a lot stoners with little ambition, but i have also met stoners who are successful and have everything together.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I suspect the larger question is...

Insurance related

I have never asked my agent what would happen if there was an accident or a GL claim...
    And it turned up an employee was 'stoned'...
    Never thought it was an important question.

Here is one thought...
    Folks that stay stoned all the time...
    Tend to be passive.
    While passive is better than aggressive to the point of being a problem...
    Does a passive person:
    *Finish the job 100% RIGHT
    *Be pro-active about their responsibilities
    *Have reliable driving skills
    *Communicate properly with customers
    *Present themselves properly
    And a host more...

So do you really want that person on your payroll???

I think I noted in another thread...
    One does not see gay/lessie behavior in the Hispanic community...
    One does not see much MJ in the Hispanic community (one does see alcohol abuse though).

Perhaps we need to take a moral lesson from them...
    They seem to have more common sense than we do, concerning sexual preference and what they put in their bodies.

And if we are too proud or too smart to take that moral lesson...
    Do we deserve to keep our country???

Questions for thought!

GA haha man i wish you were right, but as sad as it is, there is A LOT of homos in the hispanic community, mostly from S. America.

Post Likes
    My company has some very good employees who smoke dope on the weekends. Doesn’t matter to me what a fellow does away from work, as long as they show up “fit for duty”.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    My company has some very good employees who smoke dope on the weekends. Doesn’t matter to me what a fellow does away from work, as long as they show up “fit for duty”.
    Wow Scoobie, thats beautiful man, no one should be judged for what they do on their own time, especially if they stay on top of their things, like being responsible and a hard worker.

Post Likes
    First, It's not legal on a federal level. Recreational use will be legal here in IL on January 1st. That being said, the local Pipefitters union has a threshold of what is tolerable, as far as levels of drugs in your system. I believe a threshold is what is needed to stay insurable and legal. You would need to consult with your health, vehicle, and workmans comp insurance companies to determine what can and cannot be tolerated. You could have an employee that smokes 1 doobie a night and another that smokes 10 doobies a night. The following day, theoretically, which one is more prepared for work? Currently, if I knock back a 5th of Jack one night and the following morning, I'm involved in a car accident or lop my fingers off between a belt and pulley, even though I may not be drunk, my blood alcohol level might be beyond the set threshold. With a threshold, the employee might be liable for some or all of the accident. Cover your ass.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    First, It's not legal on a federal level. Recreational use will be legal here in IL on January 1st. That being said, the local Pipefitters union has a threshold of what is tolerable, as far as levels of drugs in your system. I believe a threshold is what is needed to stay insurable and legal. You would need to consult with your health, vehicle, and workmans comp insurance companies to determine what can and cannot be tolerated. You could have an employee that smokes 1 doobie a night and another that smokes 10 doobies a night. The following day, theoretically, which one is more prepared for work? Currently, if I knock back a 5th of Jack one night and the following morning, I'm involved in a car accident or lop my fingers off between a belt and pulley, even though I may not be drunk, my blood alcohol level might be beyond the set threshold. With a threshold, the employee might be liable for some or all of the accident. Cover your ass.
    YUP!!! I am with you 100%, only problem is with MJ, they have yet to develop a test that can identify the amount of "THC" in your body, its either positive or negative. Times will get interesting as legalization continues and hopefully becomes Federally legal as well. If not I see a lot of companies loosing a lot of good employees or potential employees...

Post Likes
    Legal here coast to coast and the world didn't come to an end. Personally I'd rather work with a pot head than an alcoholic any day of the week.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    Legal here coast to coast and the world didn't come to an end. Personally I'd rather work with a pot head than an alcoholic any day of the week.
    LOL right? remember the hysteria with colorado? now their making billions in revenue and have money to fund schools, police department, public safety... just like you id take a pot head over a person with any other drug preference.

Post Likes
    It’s pulling the devil into your lungs... and life.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    It’s pulling the devil into your lungs... and life.
    LOL

Post Likes
    I have worked with all kinds and would rather work with someone who had used pot the night before, over the alcohol/pill abuser. Let job performance be the deciding factor and stay out of how someone medicates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast