Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    The problem with legionella is you don't have to drink it you breath it. My guess is you are OK at 125 F especially if you are not using an instantaneous heater. It will not kill the bacteria instantly but will kill it.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    I turned mine down and my girlfriend and I both have had pneumonia w.i. 2 or 3 wks. probably not related I don't claim to know I just wanted to make a post and also say this is an actual example of the value of this forum.

Post Likes
    140°F for 1 hour to kill ALL the bacteria!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    whare i live if you have any buildings with kids under 16 and or elderly the max temp of heated water is 120F per our local codes and its enforced to the t.
    Others i set them at 140 F unless the clieant tells me other wize.
    That's delivery temperature max!

Post Likes
    In my area doctors don't test for Legionnaire's unless an outbreak is suspected. Are you sure you really have pneumonia?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 134A View Post
    In my area doctors don't test for Legionnaire's unless an outbreak is suspected. Are you sure you really have pneumonia?
    Last month several cases reported on the Tyler, Tx news & all have a common attendance at the East Tx Fair. 1st death reported this week .

Post Likes
    I work at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. We have our ice machines tested regular for diseases. One came back positive for legionaries disease. Sadly that is an indication of our pm crew not doing there job. Of course nothing was said to the pm crew. I guess they didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Post Likes
    Our facility requires HWTs that supply showers to be set at 160 deg F. And if the tank goes below 150 F we need to do a legionella test. Otherwise the showers farthest from the tanks are tested by a 3rd party for legionella twice a year. Tank mixing valves need to bring temperature below 140 I think and faucets and showers cant be above 120.

Cooling tower is like a swimming pool. Maintain a minimum ORP and test for Free Chlorine, try to keep it at 10 ppm. Weekly biocide dose and as needed. Conductivity controlled, PH checked, Corrosion inhibitor controlled. Weekly in house dipslide test for bacteria, including legionella and a monthly 3rd party test.

Legionella is becoming a thing. We even have to inspect humidifiers and fan coil units. If any standing water, it needs to be tested for legionella. And obviously the water needs to drained and problem fixed.

Post Likes
    Wow! There was an outbreak in at the North Carolina Agricultural Fair this year. 140 people came down with LD and 4 died! They blamed it on temporary hot tub vendor displays. In the testing after the fair, the hot tub tests came back negative and the facility's lady's room had one sink faucet that tested positive. They don't have cooling towers on the building that the outbreak was linked to. They pretty much blamed the hot tub vendors even though their water came from the building's water system.

Post Likes
    Won't have a problem in my house, not with the water heater at 150*F.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    My post just above should read as 60 Deg C set tank temps (140 F), no lower than 50 Deg C tank temp or testing required. Couldn't find edit function for past post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12